Why become a member? ×

Value my Corvette please

jmsjabb

[quote name='charic' post='1278060' date='Jun 22 2011, 07:33 AM']I'd guess around the £600 mark. You havn't seen too many in red, that may work for/against you.[/quote]

I'd have thought a Little Red Corvette would be quite popular!

But of course there are two questions: 1) what is it worth? 2) how much can I get for it now?
The answer to 1 may well be comfortably over £600. But I think the answer to 2 will be, sadly, a good deal lower.

Going on some recent eBay listings, you might end up getting as little as half the figure some guys are valuing this bass at. The market for s/h warwicks is not favourable for sellers right now. You might actually do a bit better money wise if you part ex'd it with someone in here for their bass.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mart' post='1278149' date='Jun 22 2011, 09:19 AM']But of course there are two questions: 1) what is it worth? 2) how much can I get for it now?
The answer to 1 may well be comfortably over £600. But I think the answer to 2 will be, sadly, a good deal lower.[/quote]

Got to agree - at the moment, the S/H price of any Warwick is significantly lower than what the owners value them at. A friend of mind sold his German Standard Corvette recently for just under £300..everybody says the prices will bounce back - just a matter of when??

I reckon £450 would be something to aim for. Corvettes are ace, but they are going for £350 - £450 on here and eBay so that's the market value i'm afraid. Add a ton or so on top of that and you're in used Thumb B/O territory and there's Dolphins to be had for £600+

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='1277736' date='Jun 21 2011, 08:55 PM']As seen in my signature ( Click on the Corvette word )
It is a German guitar, in very good condition. Active, and oil red.

Please please tell me what it is worth?[/quote]

probably £350-£400 at the moment, which is *crazy* for a bass of that quality. But for some reason Warwicks don't seem fashionable at the moment.

I sold my Corvette $$ earlier in the year.