Why become a member? ×

How upset would this make you?

Almost fell in love with this a moment ago until I noticed the neck pocket! Done by the previous owner inspecting for a date, Ouch. :) He has some serioussly nice gear coming in and out.

[url="http://www.andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=183"]http://www.andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=183[/url]

I did notice that it says no damaged or missing parts other than the rubber pads but the springs are missing? They could be included in the sale seperatley I guess but why would anyone take them off as thats how they get lost in the first place.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

Shame as otherwise it is perfect.

Something also isn't quite right with the frets in that neck pocket shot - looks like they don't fit flush??

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1273152' date='Jun 17 2011, 08:34 PM']Almost fell in love with this a moment ago until I noticed the neck pocket! Done by the previous owner inspecting for a date, Ouch. :) He has some serioussly nice gear coming in and out.

[url="http://www.andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=183"]http://www.andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=183[/url]

I did notice that it says no damaged or missing parts other than the rubber pads but the springs are missing? They could be included in the sale seperatley I guess but why would anyone take them off as thats how they get lost in the first place.[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1273169' date='Jun 17 2011, 08:53 PM']Shame as otherwise it is perfect.

Something also isn't quite right with the frets in that neck pocket shot - looks like they don't fit flush??[/quote]

You and your frets Mark! :) I reckon thats a re fret from the signs around each fret edge? It does have a certain something though. Its a real shame about the damage although a good luthier could sort it no doubt, At least you can see whats there rather than have a bodge cover job.

I know!

Mine is back on Wednesday so I will show you what a proper fret job should look like!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1273178' date='Jun 17 2011, 08:58 PM']You and your frets Mark! :) I reckon thats a re fret from the signs around each fret edge? It does have a certain something though. Its a real shame about the damage although a good luthier could sort it no doubt, At least you can see whats there rather than have a bodge cover job.[/quote]

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1273182' date='Jun 17 2011, 09:00 PM']And me! (Not again though as I have never had one)[/quote]

Me neither, I meant I wanted one, managed to tell myself I didn't need one, and then I saw that black one on the site you linked to, now I want one again! :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1273185' date='Jun 17 2011, 09:02 PM']I can't seem to see the damage to the paint but it looks as though the neck's finish is covered in hairline cracks near the joint. Looks bad![/quote]
Do you want to lend my specs Chris ? Ha. All on the front Chris not the back.

The wife just bought a nice DSLR camera so should be able to get some good pics now.

Yes prices seem to be going up so hopefully pre EB's are still a good investment?

Only downer is it looks my band is on the verge of break up so may not get to gig the Stingray for a while now!!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1273209' date='Jun 17 2011, 09:17 PM']I can't wait to see it! And look at these recent prices :)[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1273223' date='Jun 17 2011, 09:25 PM']The wife just bought a nice DSLR camera so should be able to get some good pics now.

Yes prices seem to be going up so hopefully pre EB's are still a good investment?

Only downer is it looks my band is on the verge of break up so may not get to gig the Stingray for a while now!![/quote]
Im playing the fiver only live at the moment but playing the pre at home still makes me happy, It's totally different to EBMM rays, Really fast in comparison to most basses. They are solid purchases still IMO, Interest in Leo looks as safe as ever and pre EB gear is a nice alternative to the more obvious stuff, Serious Leo collectors seem to know all about them.

Oddly enough I think the seller is a BCer! I do have to take issue with the description of the bass being stock other than a belated mention of two 'chips'. 'Chips'! It looks like a couple of sections have totally splintered off and have been stuck back in with chewing gum. :) No mention of what looks like massive fret shrinkage or a refret and as has been mentioned the mute assembly appears to be missing unless it is included but not fitted. :)

I did wonder if Andy was a member on here?

In fairness the body is dated 76' it's just a shame about the 'chips' and the frets. The more almost right ones that come up the more a perfect 76' is going to be worth, sooner or later there will be a thread about someone paying double what this ones worth and only those in the know will be defending it.