Why become a member? ×

New Status Streamline

woolleydick

I'd be really interested to try one of these too (especially that MM pickup version) as my back is getting worse by the day. Must admit I haven't generally got on fantastically well with Status in the past (a bit "clacky" or "pingy" for me, and also don't get on with the "classic" bodyshape - carpal tunnel from hell - and I've had 4!) but I'm always willing to give things another go.

Rob list the weight as 3.2kg / 7lbs , mine is a little heaver as the person who originally placed the order though it was too light!!!

we have just had one come up for sale on Statii for £1000.

[url="http://statii.com/forum/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2545&pid=23513#post_23513"]http://statii.com/forum/forum/viewthread.p...3513#post_23513[/url]

[quote name='Bassassin' post='360424' date='Dec 21 2008, 07:34 PM']I rather like a funny-looking bass, me, and this is stunning, and I want one. However like the similarly incredible looking Lace Helix, I'm not entirely convinced it isn't just an internet hoax! :)

Jon.[/quote]

I can confirm that the Lace Helix does in fact exist as I have a fretless NT 5-string one. However the only other ones I've seen 'in the flesh' were the 2 prototypes that were one of the few basses at the 2007 LGS, so they're not exactly common in the UK.

[quote name='G-77' post='144405' date='Feb 21 2008, 02:30 PM']dont tell Warwickhunt but i got one as well a few weeks back, just havne got round to posting pics yet.

[/quote]

That is so....................huh ***

How many basses in my sig below would I have to sell to get one of these? :)

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='G-77' post='361288' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:51 PM']Rob list the weight as 3.2kg / 7lbs , mine is a little heaver as the person who originally placed the order though it was too light!![/quote]

Yours has the short lower horn as well - I do believe I played that one at the factory when ordering mine - quite a bit heavier as I recall.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='361685' date='Dec 23 2008, 10:53 AM']I think I'd be wanting 8.5-9lbs in an ideal world. I like 'em heavy.
But if they're going at £1k s/h, what the hell are they new? If it went as far as £1500, we're in Steinberger Territory.
And £1500 buys a lot of bass elsewhere... even more so second hand![/quote]

You can have them made heavier if you want but tone wise there is no need.
I think list is £1350 for the straight ahead model without LED's or any other optional stuff.
for me £1K is so close to the price minus VAT that it may not be tempting.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='144224' date='Feb 21 2008, 09:39 AM']That's a new one on me. Never seen one before and I bet I'll likely not see another in a long while (steps back and watches for buses).

Did J Hellborg have anything to do with the design? I'm sure I remember him being associated with Status and that shape just seems to ring bells with his name attached![/quote]

I was confusing it with this early Status/Hellborg bass. Superficially a slimmer body but I suppose nothing like the basses discussed