Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

gareth

[quote name='tommorichards' post='1249846' date='May 30 2011, 01:20 AM']Am i missing something? £750 for a squier?[/quote]

It's a '83/'84 Japanese made Fender which at the time blew the socks of anything that was coming out of America. The build quality was flawless (unlike a lot of US stuff at the time). These JV series basses are highly regarded and sort after and command a decent price. I've owned a couple of SQ Precisions and they were excellent in every way.

[quote name='tommorichards' post='1249846' date='May 30 2011, 01:20 AM']Am i missing something? £750 for a squier?[/quote]
without the damage on the headstock and the buckle rash it would prob be way over a grand

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' post='1259084' date='Jun 6 2011, 10:39 PM']Wish I'd known that when I sold my JV Precision a few years back... :)[/quote]

don't worry! Jazzes seem to go for more than precisions. Daft prices. They are nice though. This jazz looks amazing, wish I had the money/something to sell

This Jazz would be a perfect match for my 83 Fiesta Red JV Precision!
Only problems are that I don't have the money at the moment and that I am located in The Netherlands, so shipping will be a lot more.. :)

[quote name='gareth' post='1259718' date='Jun 7 2011, 02:23 PM']Thanks for the comments

Yes, surprisingly the bass is still here[/quote]

If i had something to trade, or something to sell to buy I would...
Yamaha SG400?

[quote name='Rayman' post='1259958' date='Jun 7 2011, 05:23 PM']I wonder whether the "Made In Japan" could be cleaned up and restored somehow, even if it wasn't a perfect job, it would look nicer.

Gorgeous bass, I'm very tempted.[/quote]

it's odd, people replacing 'squier' with 'fender' I could understand- but why would someone want to pretend their squier bass was made anywhere but japan?

[quote name='Cloff' post='1259205' date='Jun 7 2011, 12:43 AM']This Jazz would be a perfect match for my 83 Fiesta Red JV Precision!
Only problems are that I don't have the money at the moment and that I am located in The Netherlands, so shipping will be a lot more.. :)[/quote]

Why don't you get a shipping quote to collect from ss9 1sp, weight 7 kgs, 130cm x 10cm x 40cm

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1259944' date='Jun 7 2011, 05:14 PM']If i had something to trade, or something to sell to buy I would...
Yamaha SG400?[/quote]

thanks but no

[quote name='Rayman' post='1259958' date='Jun 7 2011, 05:23 PM']I wonder whether the "Made In Japan" could be cleaned up and restored somehow, even if it wasn't a perfect job, it would look nicer.

Gorgeous bass, I'm very tempted.[/quote]

thanks

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1259964' date='Jun 7 2011, 05:25 PM']it's odd, people replacing 'squier' with 'fender' I could understand- but why would someone want to pretend their squier bass was made anywhere but japan?[/quote]

yes odd

[quote name='Rayman' post='1259978' date='Jun 7 2011, 05:41 PM']I guess at the time people didn't realize how good they were, and just wanted it to say USA on it. God knows why.[/quote]

agreed

[quote name='Cloff' post='1259205' date='Jun 7 2011, 12:43 AM']This Jazz would be a perfect match for my 83 Fiesta Red JV Precision!
Only problems are that I don't have the money at the moment and that I am located in The Netherlands, so shipping will be a lot more.. :)[/quote]

Ha ha Iv got the same Bass! Cant big these JV Squiers up enough, I use mine for everything and will NEVER sell it. A worthy purchase for anybody who wants a superb Fender copy; well worth the money.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='K-Dog109' post='1275856' date='Jun 20 2011, 01:27 PM']Ha ha Iv got the same Bass! Cant big these JV Squiers up enough, I use mine for everything and will NEVER sell it. A worthy purchase for anybody who wants a superb Fender copy; well worth the money.[/quote]

they are great basses :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1259964' date='Jun 7 2011, 05:25 PM']it's odd, people replacing 'squier' with 'fender' I could understand- but why would someone want to pretend their squier bass was made anywhere but japan?[/quote]

Maybe someone's still pissed about Pearl Harbour

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure I understand your retort, gareth.

My question: "has it gone, yet?" would surely warrant a 'yes' or a 'no' reply given it's a thread about you having a Squire Jazz for sale.

Forgive me if yours is a trick retort that I'm misunderstanding or I'm just too thick to 'get'. Or maybe you found my enquiry offensive in some way? Maybe you just don't like the smell of my £750. So hard to tell.

Thanks, anyway.

Edited by mckendrick