Why become a member? ×

FENDER PRECISION 1955 Original

Rick's Fine '52

This is an ORIGINAL 1955 Fender Precision Bass !!

[u]Not[/u] a Reissue or Relic

1955, Original example of Fender's 2nd Series Precision Bass

Original version of the 'Sting' Bass!

This is a rare opportunity to acquire a very rare bass indeed, and seldom seen, especially in the UK. Don't miss this chance.

Find another one in the UK!

[u]Summary[/u]

2-Tone Sunburst, professional nitro refinish

All important parts are original

Single piece Maple Neck

Spaghetti Logo

Neck date 10/55

Body Date 10/55

Pots date to 1955

Light bass,plays like butter

Condition, overall 9/10

Fender Custom Shop Tweed Case

[u]Detail[/u]

[u]Original parts[/u]
Body

Neck

Tuners

Pickup (Lindy Fralin rewind)

Wiring

Pots

Capacitor

Dome knobs

Control Plate

String Tee

Decal

Strap Buttons

Ferrules

Neckplate (7212)

Single screw thumbrest (Refin'd & lacquered)

Bridge Saddles

Screws

[u]Non-Original parts[/u]
Single Ply pickguard (Originals commonly shattered)

Bridge Plate (Taken from a 1968 Fender Telecaster Bass)

Chrome Covers

Fender Custom Shop reissue Tweed Case

The nitro finish has been carried out professionally, and looks absolutely stunning, transluscent, to show the fantastic grain on the body, has light weather checking and cracking to finish, look like a NOS. There are 2 extra holes by the bridge, which have been professionally filled prior to the refinish. These are not visible when the chrome cover is fitted.

Currently strung with flatwounds.

I need to sell this bass to fund another purchase, so please feel free to make an offer…..preferrably a sensible one!

Strongly advise serious bidders to view this exceptional bass. Can be viewed in Northampton, fairly central (J15 of the M1) or possibly Cambridge. I'm not a shop or music store, so no returns I'm afraid.

Cash on collection preferred, that way it's a secure and honest transaction for all parties. Any other methods of payment must be discussed first, no exceptions. UK & International Shipping is an option, at buyers risk. Quotes can be provided, although UK is probably £35, Europe around £60. These estimates do not include insurance. If unsure, get some on-line quotes.

I've included all the important information and pictures, but please ask any questions before bidding.

No tyre-kickers or time wasters, bid to buy, not to try.

If you're serious though, please come and have a look, have a play, have a beer, or a coffee. I have a '59 4x10 tweed Bassman you can play it through.

Thanks for looking.

Looking for about £7K

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1247844' date='May 28 2011, 02:03 AM']Not sure that someone spending 7 big ones on a bass would want it compared to a Sting bass. :)
Good luck.[/quote]

I hardly 'compared' it to a Sting Bass, this is a 'real' Sting bass, the finish is nicely checking too.

I take your point though. :)

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1248091' date='May 28 2011, 11:47 AM']I hardly 'compared' it to a Sting Bass, this is a 'real' Sting bass, the finish is nicely checking too.

I take your point though. :)[/quote]

Last time i was on a Forum (6 years ago), it was thought quite rude to keep bumping your own gear, but i've noticed some people doing it over 5 times a day!?!?

On that basis, i deem it thoroughly acceptable, and so....here's my bump, that i am no longer ashamed of......I'll apologise now, in advance, for any future bumps, of a similar nature.

Thanks

Oh, and will someone buy my bass, it gets cheaper every day...

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1248198' date='May 28 2011, 01:13 PM']Last time i was on a Forum (6 years ago), it was thought quite rude to keep bumping your own gear, but i've noticed some people doing it over 5 times a day!?!?

On that basis, i deem it thoroughly acceptable, and so....here's my bump, that i am no longer ashamed of......I'll apologise now, in advance, for any future bumps, of a similar nature.

Thanks

Oh, and will someone buy my bass, it gets cheaper every day...[/quote]

who bumps their thread 5 times a day?

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1248248' date='May 28 2011, 02:09 PM']who bumps their thread 5 times a day?[/quote]

I thought 'acceptable' policy for a blatant 'bump' (as opposed to answering a question or adding new information) was once every 24 hours?

Maybe that's TalkBass though - I really must stop spending time over there and getting confused, lol.

Edit - sorry, just re-read this, wasn't meaning to sound like I was moaning about you bumping this, just making an observation on general bumping policy thoughts :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='jsixties' post='1248319' date='May 28 2011, 03:29 PM']I think you are the first person I know with eight 50's Precision! :)
Good luck with the sale, maybe a forum it's not the perfect site for a bass of 7k... but no doubt it worths.[/quote]

You can never have too many 50's basses though can you?? :)

You might be right, i have it available in a few different locations, someone will get a very fine bass indeed.

[quote name='jsixties' post='1248659' date='May 28 2011, 10:15 PM']It means [b]T[/b]errific [b]I[/b]nstrument [b]M[/b]ate... more or less.[/quote]

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1248725' date='May 28 2011, 11:25 PM']Oh, right, makes sense.

No please, it was only a naive joke. TIM is a funny tale here in the forum. :)
All the best with your sale!