Why become a member? ×

Fender CIJ pick guards

vegas_hooker

Fender Japan! lol... You can contact outlets such as Ishibashi in english. I'd got a quote for a black pickguard for my CIJ, but a lovely chap on BC just happened to be selling exactly what I wanted! a 70's CIJ guard ;o)

I just contacted Itchyscratchi about exactly the same question, and they won't even ship accessories to UK now. I've just bought two CIJs from the guitar emporium, and his advice was to get MIA scratchplate. Just found a tort Fender one on ebay!

I'm sure WD or Allparts do decent ones.

Pbass scratchplates are always a bit of a lottery - I've hardly ever got one (USA, Jap, or "generic") that didn't require some fettling, usually round the pickups. Get the style you want, but be prepared to return it if it needs too much work to get a decent fit.

I've had best luck/value with WD or "basspartsresource" but also Thomann. BB's worst quality award goes to Allparts for an anodised look plate - more like black plastic covered in baking foil. Keep an eye open here as well?

BB

[quote name='umcoo' post='143111' date='Feb 19 2008, 03:25 PM']Nath, do you reckon this means our awesome Fender Japan's will now skyrocket in value?? I hope so :)[/quote]

I dont really care much for the value of instruments I own. I imagine some f**kwit will start some guff about how exclusive they are now though.

All I wanted was a CIJ jazz at a neat price. Buggers!

Seems ill have to check out WD again. Thanks again guys. If no luck ill keep my eyes peeled here.

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='143257' date='Feb 19 2008, 05:53 PM']All I wanted was a CIJ jazz at a neat price. Buggers![/quote]

I don't think you're going to find better than this one from Russ in the Basses For Sale forum.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12745"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12745[/url]

[quote name='umcoo' post='143111' date='Feb 19 2008, 03:25 PM']Nath, do you reckon this means our awesome Fender Japan's will now skyrocket in value?? I hope so :)[/quote]

The Jap Fender have just come down in price. I've just done a cracking deal for two at the guitar emporium. The price worked out the same as importing direct from Itchyscratchi.

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='143534' date='Feb 20 2008, 09:13 AM']The Jap Fender have just come down in price. I've just done a cracking deal for two at the guitar emporium. The price worked out the same as importing direct from Itchyscratchi.[/quote]

Oooo! What have you ordered?

[quote name='gafbass02' post='144530' date='Feb 21 2008, 05:19 PM']Im confused, are ishi no longer importing?, i only just got a bass from them like a month ago?[/quote]

My first reply from Jeff said yes they are still exporting, and a matter of days later he said sorry they aren't any more. I did double check and as far as my enquiry is concerned, its a non starter. No worries, as Malcolm at Guitar Emporium sorted me out. I'm really happy with the deal. Recommended.

Pearl pickguard, detuner, badass (already done) followed by an audere jz4 a bart jazz pup at the neck and a bart MM bucker at the bridge....pimp! :huh:

Then im replacing my east retro in my blue 62ri with an emg circuit to match the pups better and poss either selling it (the pre not the bass!)...
... or sticking it and the pups from the fender into my squier VMJ jazz, ......
or just the stock passive stuff from the 75 and selling the guts of the squier and the east and getting the squier deluxe V! ?!?! (im an endless modder!!)

...Except for my ray and KSD which are just perfect....apart from detuners and a boatload of extra shielding!, and pearl pickguards....(im a lost cause!)
:)

Edited by gafbass02