Why become a member? ×

Terror Bass and barefaced

algmusic

[quote name='markstuk' post='1243045' date='May 24 2011, 03:31 PM']Compact plus Midget whould be plenty loud.. Or just bite the bullet and get a BF Super Twelve - mine is astonishingly loud with either my RH450 or H&K BassBase600.... Easily as loud (and nicer) as one of my EBS Proline 410's (but not both of them!)[/quote]

I have tinkled with that idea, but alot of my gigs really don't need the super 12.. even though I want it sniff sniff..

I guess in a perfect world I'd have the midget for the small gigs, which I do alot and the super12 for the rest :)

Edited by algmusic

It only weighs about 40 pounds :-) and it's got wheels and three handles :-)

[quote name='algmusic' post='1243069' date='May 24 2011, 03:48 PM']I have tinkled with that idea, but alot of my gigs really don't need the super 12.. even though I want it sniff sniff..

I guess in a perfect world I'd have the midget for the small gigs, which I do alot and the super12 for the rest :)[/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' post='1243088' date='May 24 2011, 03:59 PM']It only weighs about 40 pounds :-) and it's got wheels and three handles :-)[/quote]

It is daft light sure, and not that big really, and I put my Trace Elliot 500W into it and the volume control never, ever goes above 4/10 :)

[quote name='alexclaber' post='1244064' date='May 25 2011, 11:29 AM']If you can gig successfully with an SP210 then the Super Twelve would be [size=6]spectacular overkill[/size]. Max SPL is not dissimilar to that of a classic 8x10"![/quote]

I think you hit the nail on the head

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1244178' date='May 25 2011, 01:00 PM']since when is spectacular overkill a bad thing :)[/quote]
Since the glares I was getting to my back from my drummer on Saturday :) (second outing for the LMT & BF S12T). Had to roll it back a bit, but it was all sounding good & solid to me even if I was out of my usual position & well off axis to the cab

[quote name='WalMan' post='1257999' date='Jun 6 2011, 02:11 AM']Since the glares I was getting to my back from my drummer on Saturday :) (second outing for the LMT & BF S12T). Had to roll it back a bit, but it was all sounding good & solid to me even if I was out of my usual position & well off axis to the cab[/quote]
Didn't realsie you'd got a Super12T Al, sounds lke you're having fun with it though :)
Did you ever try my Vintage at the SE BB back in 2009? If so how does the S12 compare?

Definitely not happy with the Orange SP210. It looks awesome, emphasis on the awesome, but it just doesn't have volume nor does it have an amazing tone, especially when cranked.

I don't know if it's me just being picky seeing as Iswapped to this small setup from a full-size stack but I feel disappointed.

I'm just not sure whether the midget or the compact will be the one to buy.

[quote name='Bankai' post='1259224' date='Jun 7 2011, 01:50 AM']Definitely not happy with the Orange SP210. It looks awesome, emphasis on the awesome, but it just doesn't have volume nor does it have an amazing tone, especially when cranked.

I don't know if it's me just being picky seeing as Iswapped to this small setup from a full-size stack but I feel disappointed.

I'm just not sure whether the midget or the compact will be the one to buy.[/quote]

Well if you want to sell your sp210, let me know. I might use this till I can afford a midget

[quote name='algmusic' post='1259277' date='Jun 7 2011, 08:03 AM']Well if you want to sell your sp210, let me know. I might use this till I can afford a midget[/quote]

If you combined the Orange and the Midget, you would have an Oompa-Loompa!!

Sorry.

[quote name='algmusic' post='1259277' date='Jun 7 2011, 08:03 AM']Well if you want to sell your sp210, let me know. I might use this till I can afford a midget[/quote]
You'd have a deal but I need to find a second hand barefaced to move on to before we can do the trade! Sadly Alex doesn't do a student discount :)

[quote name='Conan' post='1259285' date='Jun 7 2011, 08:11 AM']If you combined the Orange and the Midget, you would have an Oompa-Loompa!![/quote]
---------> The Door

[quote name='Bankai' post='1259303' date='Jun 7 2011, 08:37 AM']You'd have a deal but I need to find a second hand barefaced to move on to before we can do the trade! Sadly Alex doesn't do a student discount :)

---------> The Door[/quote]

I'm selling a MB 1x15 if that could tie you over and we could trade.. there's lots of bottomend on that.. it was too much with the terror for me..

PM if you're interested

[quote name='Bankai' post='1259224' date='Jun 7 2011, 01:50 AM']Definitely not happy with the Orange SP210. It looks awesome, emphasis on the awesome, but it just doesn't have volume nor does it have an amazing tone, especially when cranked.

I don't know if it's me just being picky seeing as Iswapped to this small setup from a full-size stack but I feel disappointed.[/quote]

Sorry to hear its not working. I love mine although to be fair I really only use it as a monitor.