Why become a member? ×

EBMM BIG AL 4 SSS white/tort/rosewood. WITHDRAWN

Prime_BASS

selling due to taste and cant justify keeping this without using it.

The bass is in 99.9% condition the 0.1 being a tiny tiny faint scuff on the top of the of the head stock on the back edge. It's so small and light I can't photograph it with my iPhone. Everything else is top notch. The case is in brand new condition never left the house and still has the candy except the string cleaner(turns out dogs love the taste). The bass has only been used for light practice, get some great stingray sounds, it's own tone with full single coils is amazing and middy with rounded lows, also is capable of P-bass sounds which sound great dirty.
The overall feel is just not for me, and I much prefer the stingray for playing and overall vintage character.

Unless this spec sterling comes up:
Early(94-95ish)
Birdeye maple neck
Rosewood or maple fingerboard
Big classic bridge
White, or similarly vintage colour.

Would like one to complement my stingray and for use when the stingray feels like it's having an off day.

[attachment=80422:Picture_001.jpg]
[attachment=80423:Picture_002.jpg]
more pictures on request
More than welcome for people to come and give the thing a try.

Stephen

Edited by Prime_BASS

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1237182' date='May 19 2011, 06:01 PM']selling due to taste and cant justify keeping this without using it.

The bass is in 99.9% condition the 0.1 being a tiny tiny faint scuff on the top of the of the head stock on the back edge. It's so small and light I can't photograph it with my iPhone. Everything else is top notch. The case is in brand new condition never left the house and still has the candy except the string cleaner(turns out dogs love the taste).

Now the dirty bit.
Price is a firm £1250. open to offers
I would be interested in trades but they are specific.
EBMM stingray 4H in some kind of White with maple ideally 1990 with some kind of figured maple prefered
MM sabre in some kind of white, rosewood or maple.
1982 G&L l2000 e-series in White/maple with some cash my way.

In reality in interested in anything that stingray/stingrayish (classics?) but WHY ?

[attachment=80422:Picture_001.jpg]
[attachment=80423:Picture_002.jpg]
more pictures on request
More than welcome for people to come and give the thing a try.

Stephen[/quote]

Gee wizz Stephen,,,,,,didnt see this coming hahahaha

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1237596' date='May 19 2011, 11:41 PM']Man, I'm shocked! These really are tone machines![/quote]

See thats the problem I had with the bongo.....it was a total tone monster....it turns out I am a simple man of simple needs and a 4 band eq was too much for me hahaha.

However I can totally dig why folk would go for these kinda basses as they are a 1 stop shop for all your bassy needs

It's nothing personal against the bass, and if I'm honest I don't mind if it doesn't sell.

I find myself not playing it due to my love of the stingray. It's like going to a dogs home and picking the one that's scruffy and smells a bit for no real reason. I guess the old school vibe of the stingray is more me.

Plus being jobless is Playing on my mind, trades are there purely for GAS.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1237602' date='May 19 2011, 11:44 PM']See thats the problem I had with the bongo.....it was a total tone monster....it turns out I am a simple man of simple needs and a 4 band eq was too much for me hahaha.

However I can totally dig why folk would go for these kinda basses as they are a 1 stop shop for all your bassy needs[/quote]

Generally I'm the same, my sterling is my number one and I don't even move the 3-way switch on it, but I thought if I was going to get a second 'top-end' bass I might as well go for the opposite end of the spectrum rather than a duplicate of what I already had. The Big Al is that by the bucketload.

Because I only really use 2 or 3 settings and hardly touch the eq, I do have a tendency from time to time to think 'am I justifying owning this', but even using it like that gives me more variation of sound than just about any other single bass I could own. The sterling is like an old pair of slippers, but the big al is an absolute dream tone-wise.

Anyway, this is a real stunning looking example, good luck with the sale (hope you don't regret it!)

I must concur

Just having the flexibility to drop a MM stingray type tone or a classic P bass tone simply by pressing a button is a wonderful thing and thats just in passive mode!

MM20
I was thinking that a 5 string Big Al would be just about the greatest bass in terms of versatility and tone.

The Big Al deserves to be tried out if you are any way interested. It is a really excellent bass!

bump :)

[quote name='lowregisterhead' post='1238404' date='May 20 2011, 04:56 PM']...the first time I saw one, and every time since, I can't help thinking of The Jetsons...[/quote]

Thats what sealed the deal for me :) :)

I guess everyone is holding onto the monies these days.
Even at my parents business it's exceptionally slow.

How much did yours go for? I got offered it in a trade, but I'm not after changing for sake of maple f/b.

Hi - I have a nearly-new Stingray 4, sunburst with maple f/board, with EBMM case etc. It's really well set up and plays so easily it's ridiculous. I wasn't planning to move it on but I really do fancy a Big Al so long as it isn't too heavy. My 'Ray is about 10lbs which I can just about deal with. No ready cash at present but let me know if you're interested in talking further about a trade. Can supply photos of the 'Ray if you want them.

Cheers!

Wiggybass

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1247548' date='May 27 2011, 08:31 PM']Or try bumping it more often.....the 3 a day may not be enough hahaha.[/quote]

Yeah I know.

I might have a go on EBBM but I already used my email once to sign up and they never sent a confirmation and wouldn't reply to emails.