Why become a member? ×

scratchplate for my new precision

artisan

Hmm, seems a different blue to me. Plus its a jazz, the chrome gives it a nice offset. Altho i have to say.. first time i ever liked tort there. Still a vote for brushed metal for me tho... goes in search of a bass with pic :)

found a blue with tort... kinda looks like a bruise there:
[url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/Jeordie_White.jpg"]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c...ordie_White.jpg[/url]

Edited by charic

[quote name='charic' post='142061' date='Feb 17 2008, 07:23 PM']Umm.. its a blue bass :brow:[/quote]

Yes, but I was merely pointing out that as it's a metallic finish (like my jazz), putting a white pearl plate on it's gonna make him look like he's just escaped from New Found Glory. If that's the look he's after then that's the plate for him. The black would look better IMO.

oh poo ,thanks for the replies guys some nice ideas,unfortunately i'm even more confused now.
have to say though a white pearloid or gold anodised jobbie sounds very nice.
but where the bloody hell can i get 'em-WD don't seem to do 'em for a MIM & i'm far too thick to buy a sheet of owt & make one meself.

Edited by artisan

+1 to the brushed metal idea, something from The Aurora Project (or a similar place, I think Allparts or WD to brushed 'plates as well), and black is alright, but I do like white on it, so white perloid would be another good one.

Brown tort might work on it, red tort is too garish imo.

[s]Odd suggestion, how's the routing under it? Perhaps it would look alright with a cut down control plate on it (someone on here does it to their P's, looks pretty good).[/s]
Just read it's a MIM, which means gaping route to the pup, so ignore this little suggestion.

Edited by Buzz

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='142150' date='Feb 17 2008, 09:36 PM']Am I the only person who thinks that looks the shizzle as it is??[/quote]
'Shizzle' is such a cool word.. put an 'n' in it and it becomes 'Shnizzle' which is even better...
i'd go with Hampster - "Pearloid - aged, cream or smoke"

[quote name='artisan' post='142666' date='Feb 18 2008, 07:01 PM']after a lot of thoughti think you maybee correct-any idea were i can get one ?
WD don't list 'em for an MIM.
cheers.[/quote]

Yes they do. They have lots. [url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/category/Pickguards/Fender_Basses/Precision_Bass%AE_Mexican"]MIM scratchplates[/url]