Why become a member? ×

Musicman Bongo 6 HH

Alemboid

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted here but whatever I do, the house continues to fill up with basses, so with some regret, here's my Bongo 6 for sale.

It's a MM Bongo 6 HH in Candy Apple Red with black pickguard, I believe built in 2007, making it very early for a Bongo six.

I got this through basschat a little over a year ago, at which point it was completely as new. And it still is, right down to my having (rather worryingly) left the plastic films on the pickguard and the back. Since buying it I've moved bands and play almost entirely upright these days, so the Bongo's been completely neglected, along with most of my other "horizontal" basses.

There's not a mark, dent, scuff or any sign of any wear on it. It sounds magnificent, with an un-naturally good B string for a 34" bass.

The correct EB hard case comes with it, and various bits of EB case guff.

I'm near Oxford and would rather not post the bass, but we can talk about that if you're unfeasibly far away. You're very welcome of course to come and try it.

In the light of its rarity and 100% perfect condition, let's say [b]£1,200[/b]. I'm really not looking for trades but am notoriously weak-willed in the face of interesting propositions so there's no harm in suggesting something! I'll probably say no but...

Thanks for looking :)

B.

[attachment=79968:Bongo_6_main_front.jpg]

[attachment=79969:Bongo_6_main_rear.jpg]

[attachment=79965:Bongo_6_front.jpg]

[attachment=79970:Bongo_6_rear.jpg]

[attachment=79967:Bongo_6_head.jpg]

[attachment=79966:Bongo_6_head_rear.jpg]

Edited by Alemboid

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1232146' date='May 15 2011, 04:26 PM']Really wanted one o these a couple o years back, how much does it weigh?[/quote]

Having just run downstairs with the bathroom scales: 5kg, or 11lbs.

B.

[quote name='Rayman' post='1232152' date='May 15 2011, 04:35 PM']Oh blimey I want one of these. That's smart that is.[/quote]

I think so too... Those who see it in person become strangely transfixed :).

B.

Edited by Alemboid

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1232223' date='May 15 2011, 05:37 PM']Thankyou! Not too bad then! The neck finish is unusual, kind of like a matt red but looks smooth and fast.[/quote]

Yep, it's not a complete boat anchor and it's very well balanced with a strap. The neck finish is quite pleasant in fact - it's distinctly less 'grabby' than most high-gloss finishes I find.

Can I just say that Bongos are supremely underrated basses, and that this is a steal. The best live sound I've ever heard from a bass (other than my own :)) was from a Bongo 4H through a Schroeder. Solid fundamental that sits in a mix yet cuts through the mix at the same time... beautiful stuff.

Best of luck moving it on!

Thanks for the kind comments, and the bump!

There [i]may[/i] be a deal in the offing but nothing's definite yet. Keep it coming...

B.

[quote name='mcgraham' post='1232841' date='May 16 2011, 11:08 AM']Can I just say that Bongos are supremely underrated basses, and that this is a steal. The best live sound I've ever heard from a bass (other than my own :)) was from a Bongo 4H through a Schroeder. Solid fundamental that sits in a mix yet cuts through the mix at the same time... beautiful stuff.

Best of luck moving it on![/quote]

My pleasure. I saw this yesterday but didn't have the time to post then and there. But I do feel strongly enough about the great sound of these basses I wanted to come back and definitely make a post saying as much.

I believe this was mine originally. A beautiful bass and wish I still had it for my collection. I bought it new in 2010 & was waiting quite a while for it. Quite gutted it had to go so soon. Lovely to play and a superb feel. Good luck with the sale and have a Beautiful Bongo Bump on me :)

Hi Matt!

Yes, it was your one :). I'm equally sad to be letting it go I must say but the sheer number of basses around here is getting fairly silly and the current band demands an upright. It'll be great when it finds its new home.

Cheers

B.

[quote name='mattbass6' post='1233193' date='May 16 2011, 03:57 PM']I believe this was mine originally. A beautiful bass and wish I still had it for my collection. I bought it new in 2010 & was waiting quite a while for it. Quite gutted it had to go so soon. Lovely to play and a superb feel. Good luck with the sale and have a Beautiful Bongo Bump on me :)[/quote]

Ah but what you didn't know is that I'm a long standing veggie :)

Don't worry, we can still talk!

B.

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1233733' date='May 16 2011, 10:11 PM']I really want this.

I'll add a bacon sarnie to my offer.... :)[/quote]

Now we're getting somewhere! Wild mushrooms?

B.

[quote name='fretmeister' post='1233757' date='May 16 2011, 10:21 PM']I do a fantastic Mushroom Stroganoff!

None of that packet crap - properly from scratch![/quote]