Why become a member? ×

Fender American Jazz Bass Black/Black 2004 *Sold*

risingson

[u][b]FENDER U.S. 2004 JAZZ BASS - BLACK/BLACK MAPLE[/b][/u]

Hi everyone! This is my Fender American 2004 Jazz Bass. This bass has been my work horse bass for practically the whole of my gigging career and I would be reluctant to let it go, but seeing as I've recently bought a new Lakland, it has been largely replaced and doesn't get as much time as it deserves.

[attachment=79526:TheJazz.jpg] [attachment=79717:jazz_2.JPG] [attachment=79716:photo.JPG] [attachment=79718:headstock.JPG]

[b]- Alder body - black/black w maple fretboard
- U.S Fender electronics and pickups with the S1 parallel/series switching (a really useful little switch that thickens up the sound, a bit more P-Bass)
- Weight is around 9lbs and is very comfortable on the shoulders. [/b]

A few bits of information about this bass; as I mentioned, it has been my workhorse for going on 5-6 years, I bought it from new. There are a few knocks and scrapes here and there (pictured below), however the bass itself is in perfect working order and still sounds GREAT! This has been the bass that has served me so well and I hope it can find a home where it will see as much action :)

[attachment=79721:chip_2.JPG] [attachment=79719:chip_1.JPG] [attachment=79720:fretboard_chip.JPG]

I am asking for [b]£475 firm[/b] which I don't think is an unreasonable amount to be asking, especially since the bass was almost double this figure from new. I'm not longer after trades here, thanks to those who enquired though.

I'll happily answer any questions you guys might have on the bass, just post them here or drop me a PM :) Best wishes, Liam

Edited by risingson

[quote name='tom1946' post='1230252' date='May 13 2011, 06:25 PM']It's a shame your pics are such a low resolution, it's hard to see anything in detail.[/quote]

Hi Tom, I will upload a few more in a better res as soon as I get a chance, been a little preoccupied.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but how is this still here????????? I've seen MIJ Jazzes go for more than this recently? I'm no great fan of Jazzes for sure, but these are bloody good basses, and this is an extremely good looking example of one as well. The price is ridiculously low; someone should jump on it before the seller changes his mind :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1249487' date='May 29 2011, 06:18 PM']Sorry, but how is this still here????????? I've seen MIJ Jazzes go for more than this recently? I'm no great fan of Jazzes for sure, but these are bloody good basses, and this is an extremely good looking example of one as well. The price is ridiculously low; someone should jump on it before the seller changes his mind :)[/quote]

Many thanks Beedster, I've been hesitant to sell recently because it would be my spare bass on an upcoming tour of Sweden so I put it on hold but I'm thinking if I can get the cash or a good Squier P + cash then I need not worry about this being a problem!

All PM's replied to now. Thanks everyone.