Why become a member? ×

An example of good service when goods go faulty

Clarky

I have a Contra II combo that I bought from Beedster (who got it off eBay, so the provenance and age are unknown). It went 'kaput' (technical term) at a rehearsal a month or so ago and stopped making any sound. I contacted the main main at Acoustic Image in North Carolina, Rick, at the suggestion of AI Europe contact Laurence (BC'er Bassadder), who said that - despite me not being the original owner and it being of indeterminate age (and because of the model, almost certainly well out of warranty) it would be fixed for free if I sent the main components of the head to AI.

Well three weeks later and a Fedex package arrived with refurbed/repaired components that I have just put back in the head and - bingo - its back in perfect working order.

Great service as they really didn't ask too many questions, fixed it for free and mailed it in secure Fedex packaging to the UK for free. Bravo, AI!

If only Bravewood applied similar principles :)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1220358' date='May 4 2011, 10:24 PM']I have a Contra II combo that I bought from Beedster (who got it off eBay, so the provenance and age are unknown). It went 'kaput' (technical term) at a rehearsal a month or so ago and stopped making any sound. I contacted the main main at Acoustic Image in North Carolina, Rick, at the suggestion of AI Europe contact Laurence (BC'er Bassadder), who said that - despite me not being the original owner and it being of indeterminate age (and because of the model, almost certainly well out of warranty) it would be fixed for free if I sent the main components of the head to AI.

Well three weeks later and a Fedex package arrived with refurbed/repaired components that I have just put back in the head and - bingo - its back in perfect working order.

Great service as they really didn't ask too many questions, fixed it for free and mailed it in secure Fedex packaging to the UK for free. Bravo, AI!

If only Bravewood applied similar principles :)[/quote]
bravo! or is that bravewood oh no.

I know the thread is about the service but I just gotta say that my contra II is probably my most useful bit of kit.

Originally brought for my db I have now had it 6 years or so and it is great for small rehearsals/gigs on my electric basses as well. It is compact enough that I can walk to local rehearsals but still sounds absolutely fantastic once you get used to adjusting it for different rooms/basses. It has never let me down despite having been used at least 4 times a week and chucked about whilst walking/in the back of the car without a proper carry case.

Amazing bit of kit the only down side being if your rehearsal space has non resonate floors (i.e.concrete) as the down firing woofer can then not do its stuff. If it were lost/stolen would I buy another...without hesitation as I would be lost without it.

So it appears great service and great products!!

It's always good to hear of companies who take customer support seriously.

I've had two good experiences over the years. G-K replaced my 700-RB II when it conked out just outside the warranty period. Also, B-Band replaced my DB p/up when it disintegrated despite me having bought it s/h via TB. Both left me feeling good about both companies and I've told others & recommended their stuff over the years as a result. They do say word of mouth is the best advertising!

I've mentioned this elsewhere - I've just bought a secondhand EA iAmp 500 which had a couple of screws missing and a broken button cap. I emailed EA and they were very helpful and sent me a couple of spare button caps and some screws FOC.

The switch on my Clarus went a bit 'sparky' so as a precaution I asked for a replacement. What I got was a whole new chassis (everything except the front panel and case)!
I don't know who it is, Laurence or AI (I suspect 50/50) but it sure is impressive service.