Why become a member? ×

Warwick Fortress Masterman Custom TRADED

CPBassman

Here is the Warwick Fortress Masterman Custom.

Ive used this as my main gigging and recording bass for the last 14 years. Many basses have come and gone in that time (i.e. other top line Warwicks, MM, G&L, Shuker, Status) but this one has always been the one that gets used. I was very lucky to have this made via a friend who worked closely with the Warwick workshops back in the 90's and he asked me to design my ultimate bass from the options they had available to them.

I selected the following:

Fortress Masterman in Flamed maple finished in translucent emerald green with black hardware.
Ultra slim C profile Wenge neck with Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard, jumbo frets and side markers.
MEC twin Jazz controlled by Volume, Pan Stack and 2 independent bass cut and boost stack knobs.
Schaller D Tuner

Anyway, the guy turns up to a jam one day with the hand made bass Id specified. I bought it on the spot (I had no choice really, it was way too nice to let go or lose the opportunity)

The price of the bass back then was way in excess of £2000

She has amazing depth and character. Wonderful to play with plenty of mojo, road wear and dings in the usual places. The neck is unmarked and true with a very effective truss rod for even the tinyest adjustment.

She really does sings like a bird or she can growl like a feral animal when required (as good Warwicks do) :)

Reason Im offering her up for trade is due to health I wont be gigging as much as I used to and have fallen for the old Fender bass. Just bought myself a 70's P bass and would like a nice US Jazz to complete the set.

For sale at £800 but flexible, make an offer.

She's a VERY special bass and someone is going to be very pleased if they take her on.

I love this bass, however Im sure someone will appreciate and use her more than I will. She hasnt been under the bed, this baby has worked hard and loved every second of it, its been well looked after and has just had a lovely new set of Ernie Ball strings put on. The action is low to medium due to my preference, although its very easy to adjust to very low with the Warwick Just-A-Nut, string spacing is also adjustable at the bridge.

Comes with good quality semi flight hardshell case

More Pics here:

[url="http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/Col4string/"]http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/Col4string/[/url]

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Col

Edited by CPBassman

[quote name='Big Black Shed' post='1207213' date='Apr 21 2011, 04:09 PM']Absolutely stunning. It's a shame it's not a 5. Otherwise..... You know the rest!

Good luck with the sale. The Fortress is an acquired taste. Some say Marmite. But then again I like Marmite.[/quote]

Lots of debates held over the years as to why they discontinued them. Ive had Streamers, Thumbs and even a Buzzard and this is the most balanced and growly of them all.

A great example of how good Warwicks can be

[quote name='Big Black Shed' post='1207439' date='Apr 21 2011, 07:43 PM']Personally the Fortress is my choice of the Warwick stable. Less and less good ones about now. The MM pickup really does growl like a bear with a sore throat.

Like I said, if only.........[/quote]

No worries mate. Im sure it will be someones cup of tea. I'll be using her at tomorrws gig, Fender in with the Tech.

OMG I WANT it!!!! ive had a fortess masterman my self and regretted selling it! ive got two fortress ones and yes personally i think defo some of the best warwicks produced! I'd love to add tis to my fortress family but sadly no funds and no trades (unless i can tempt you with a trace elliot T-Bass!!?? :)

[quote name='mojobass' post='1207519' date='Apr 21 2011, 09:02 PM']OMG I WANT it!!!! ive had a fortess masterman my self and regretted selling it! ive got two fortress ones and yes personally i think defo some of the best warwicks produced! I'd love to add tis to my fortress family but sadly no funds and no trades (unless i can tempt you with a trace elliot T-Bass!!?? :)[/quote]

I can tell your slightly impressed.

Fender only Im afraid...If things change then do get back to me. Im in no hurry

[quote name='dan2112' post='1209382' date='Apr 23 2011, 06:45 PM']Bump for an amazing bass! Though I don't agree with you about getting rid of her :)[/quote]

Cheers Dan. Not looking like she'll be leaving anyhow. Your probably right, I'd possibly regret it later on

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1212899' date='Apr 27 2011, 05:33 PM']Thats a fantastic setup! I love the Warwick tone, nothing funkier. Musicman stuff is all too bright for me, whereas Warwick is more dull...but in a groovy way!! Really like the Ashdown combo too! Great gear.[/quote]

Its all top line stuff and its amazing that its going but I have a new direction. A real nice Jazz would be a fab thing to trade for, it would certainly compliment my new addition 75 Precision.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='CPBassman' post='1239134' date='May 21 2011, 12:18 PM']More pics added.

Follow Photobucket link :)

[url="http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/Col4string/"]http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z431/Col4string/[/url][/quote]

Wow, it looks gorgious in those new pictures!... :)
That trade offer is starting to look way more tempting now! :lol: