Why become a member? ×

'MOONDANCE' & 'COULD YOU BE LOVED'

thebrig

I just been told that I have to learn [b]'Moondance'[/b] by Van Morrison and [b]'Could You Be Loved'[/b] by Bob Marley, for a gig in a couple of weeks time.

Anyone know where I can get the transcriptions or accurate tabs for them?

I normally learn most songs by ear, but there's quite a bit going on in these two, and I don't have much time to learn them.

So any help would be much appreciated.

Untested tab for could you be loved

[url="http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/bob_marley/could_you_be_loved_ver4_btab_835517id_11062009date.htm#comments"]http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/bob_marl...te.htm#comments[/url]

hope it helps.

Just learned Moondance, couldn't find a great tab so youtubed "moondance bass" and theres a few guys doing reasonable covers, one even gives a how too, its basic but puts you in the right place, then listen to the track. It's one of those I can imagine playing differently every time.

Can't help with the Bob marley one, sorry.

Les

[quote name='Les' post='1204253' date='Apr 18 2011, 10:53 PM']Just learned Moondance, couldn't find a great tab so youtubed "moondance bass" and theres a few guys doing reasonable covers,[/quote]

Ah, yes, I believe Bilbo has his own channel on there...

The Major is spot on with his analysis. As he says, most of the notes are OK but the feel is wrong and there is no drive. The tempo at which it is played should be just right for a nice driving, pulsing bass part. So when it gets to the piano solo there's not much to underpin the instrument and it all comes to a mess. The VM recording of Moondance is probably one of the shoddiest recordings going and would be bad even for a demo.

That said, although it's a while since I've played the tune, I wouldn't have a problem if it was called and with the right lineup I'd rather enjoy it - as I would most tunes. Playing music is a most enjoyable pastime and I don't get too precious about what I play. I just consider myself a lucky guy. I certainly don't big myself up by dissing other styles - other contributors please note.