Why become a member? ×

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Sawtooth

Aeroplane and Coffee Shop for me....Awesome tunes. Although BSSM is my favourite album overall, those are my 2 favourite tracks.

Sir Psycho Sexy does it for me too though....Fuzz and a DOD FX25 gets me closer to that sound than anything else I've heard!

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='Higgie' post='1196705' date='Apr 12 2011, 12:40 PM']Aeroplane and Coffee Shop for me....Awesome tunes. Although BSSM is my favourite album overall, those are my 2 favourite tracks.

Sir Psycho Sexy does it for me too though....Fuzz and a DOD FX25 gets me closer to that sound than anything else I've heard![/quote]

Thought I'd try and back up that claim...

[url="http://soundcloud.com/higgie142/sir-psycho-sexy"]Sir Psycho Sexy[/url]

[quote name='Higgie' post='1198484' date='Apr 13 2011, 06:06 PM']Thought I'd try and back up that claim...

[url="http://soundcloud.com/higgie142/sir-psycho-sexy"]Sir Psycho Sexy[/url][/quote]

that's sweet indeed!

I should post my results with the micro Q-tron + bassballs combo. Not to compete! :) just to add another flavour.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1198513' date='Apr 13 2011, 06:38 PM']that's sweet indeed!

I should post my results with the micro Q-tron + bassballs combo. Not to compete! :) just to add another flavour.[/quote]

Cheers :)

Yeah would be great to hear! I used to have a BassBalls and it did do this kind of sound good, but I just found it lost a bit of low end. Still very interested to hear it!

[quote name='Higgie' post='1198715' date='Apr 13 2011, 09:06 PM']Cheers :)

Yeah would be great to hear! I used to have a BassBalls and it did do this kind of sound good, but I just found it lost a bit of low end. Still very interested to hear it![/quote]

yes, the Bassballs alone can sometimes lose a bit of "bassiness". The micro Q-tron alone can be a bit too loud...

So I have them both in a loop with a Boss LS-2. This allows me 1) to adjust the final volume, and 2) to blend the effected signal with the dry signal. To my ears the result is very good. I was not really intending to replicate the SPS sound, but I thought it sounded close, so I then fiddled with it until I got the sound I wanted.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1198854' date='Apr 13 2011, 10:42 PM']yes, the Bassballs alone can sometimes lose a bit of "bassiness". The micro Q-tron alone can be a bit too loud...

So I have them both in a loop with a Boss LS-2. This allows me 1) to adjust the final volume, and 2) to blend the effected signal with the dry signal. To my ears the result is very good. I was not really intending to replicate the SPS sound, but I thought it sounded close, so I then fiddled with it until I got the sound I wanted.[/quote]

Awesome - Sounds good dude! Look forward to hearing it.

I'm not much of a guitar player, but I thought I'd try and do a fully fledged cover of the track, seeing as I had the Bass and Drums done already:

[url="http://soundcloud.com/higgie142/sir-psycho-sexy-guitar-wip"]Sir Psycho Sexy WIP[/url]

Comments and criticisms welcomed :)