Why become a member? ×

Someone not thought about...

andy67

Yes I have to admit to being a fan of Wet Wet Wet. I recall hearing Sweet little mystery for the first time whilst attending Easter Road to watch Hibs play. It was August 87 and the song was played during the half time break. I instantly thought what a great song but check the groove in the bass line...nothing fancy just grooving.

Anyhoo, skip to April 9th 2011, through the letterbox drops a parcel from Amazon for my missus, she opens it...and hands me The Very Best of Wet Wet Wet and says "surprise!" Very nice of her indeed I thought. I am currently sitting with my five year old son Adam listening to the album (CD if you wish) and fair enjoying it although my music loving son is a bit perplexed and having difficulties coming to terms with daddy liking pop!

So, onto my point! I really think Graeme Clarke should have a mention on here because he is a great bassist, very tight, soulful, grooving and thinks about his lines within the song.

Big thumbs up from me Graeme, hope all goes well in your next enterprise.

Andy

Edited by andy67

The first big concert I went to was Wet Wet Wet when I was about 12 or 13. It was a great night. I only really went because we got free tickets,but I loved it and went and got all their albums.....on tape.
They've got some brilliant tunes.