Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Japan 62RI Jazz Bass (CIJ) - Candy Apple Red/Matching Headstock [Now on the Bay of E]

xilddx

If I invested in the bridge and pickup covers and fitted them and put photos of that up, this bass would have gone by now! Of course they take em off when they get the bass cos you can't play properly with the buggers on. But this Jazz would look amazing with the jewellery on.

Anyway, I bought a new Fender Vintage Bridge with the ridged saddles to replace the Badass and possibly put covers on. I will chuck that brand new unopened Fender bridge into this deal.

Wow, this is a fantastic bass for the money. I already have 2 Jap basses that I have loaded with wizzards. I wouldn't swap them for anything US I have tried in the shops over the last few years.

Have another BUMP for my favourite basses. Jap Jazzes.

I will also chuck in this Genuine Fender Vintage Bridge with ridged saddles I just bought, brand new in unopened packaging. I wanted to A/B it with the Badass, and also you'll be able to fit ashtrays with this vintage bridge on. I believe it just goes on using the existing screw holes.

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1205076' date='Apr 19 2011, 06:50 PM']Wish I had the money and space to have this

Bump for a nice bit of kit[/quote]
Thank you mate.

I've got the space, but not enough money. Otherwise I'd keep it for sure. I LOVE playing it, but for what I do, it's not practical. I was daft buying it in the first place but the itch for a great Jazz Bass was with me for ages. That problem is possibly solved, for the time being :)

[quote name='kevbass' post='1214266' date='Apr 28 2011, 09:58 PM']How is this still here?! This is the best looking Jazz on basschat right now and a sound investment at a good price![/quote]
I can't quite believe it either mate :) It's a fabulous bass to play, a real head-turner, a good price, and it will hold its value more or less.

[quote name='Steve_nottm' post='1216457' date='May 1 2011, 11:56 AM']I'm tempted by this but I'm really after a 75 reissue. It's the block inlays. This bass with blocks would be perfect. If I bought it I'd be looking at others with blocks and thinking I should have waited.

I think......[/quote]
I'm the same, actually wanted a JB66 in white, block and bound, matching white headstock. Would have cost me over £1100 from Japan via an exporter.

But I got this one and I didn't miss the B&B at all, I adore block and bound though :) I have actually developed a great love for the look of dot and bound lately too.

I keep on looking at this one (despite not really having the money, but when has that stop GAS :)). It's really lovely, but I want a precision :)

Still I can't believe someone hasn't bitten your arm off at this price.

Best of.

[quote name='jackers' post='1216528' date='May 1 2011, 01:34 PM']i'm trying to sell my p-bass at the moment. if this is still around when i have some cash i will definitely be sending you a pm, this bass is amazing.[/quote]
You'll love it mate, I'm sure.

[quote name='Steve_nottm' post='1216457' date='May 1 2011, 11:56 AM']I'm tempted by this but I'm really after a 75 reissue. It's the block inlays. This bass with blocks would be perfect. If I bought it I'd be looking at others with blocks and thinking I should have waited.

I think......[/quote]

[url="http://www.inlaystickers.com/servlet/the-411/Block-%28AWP%29-Fret-Markers/Detail"]http://www.inlaystickers.com/servlet/the-4...-Markers/Detail[/url]

:) .

[quote name='karlfer' post='1216589' date='May 1 2011, 03:04 PM'][url="http://www.inlaystickers.com/servlet/the-411/Block-%28AWP%29-Fret-Markers/Detail"]http://www.inlaystickers.com/servlet/the-4...-Markers/Detail[/url]

:) .[/quote]
I have the Creative Cuts ones. They are way better than you'd ever expect. They fool everyone that's ever looked at them. Durable too.

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='1217329' date='May 2 2011, 11:06 AM']Shame it can't stay 'in the family' as it were, but them's the breaks :).

I'm no fan of Fenders, but that's just sex-onna-stick :)

Pete.[/quote]
I know man, it saddens me, but what you gonna do? The Basschat discount and the spare bridge wasn't enough to shift it here :lol:

Cheers,
N