Why become a member? ×

Complete Trace Elliot rig - 8th April - SOLD!!

Paul S

Got to go lightweight, so this needs to be gone.

A complete ball busting, wall trembling, floor vibrating Trace Elliot matching rig. According to the guy I bought it from, who had been a Trace Elliot devotee for many years, this was almost the last bit of kit that left the factory before production was taken over by Gibson. It is all covered in the 'leather effect' tolex, rather than the pimply one or carpet, with metal corners and sprung handles on the cabs. With both cabs it is 300 Trace Elliot Watts of power, which has proved to be more than loud enough for any situation I have gigged in so far. It is all in pretty good nick considering the age, which I guess must be 13 or so years old.

Ah300-12 head - no UV light but luminous finish gives the trade mark green glow when in operation. A huge array of knobs, bells and whistles are at your disposal. There are [b]2 inputs[/b] - passive and active. There is an [b]Input gain[/b] control which, er, controls the gain on the input. There is a handy 3 light system for setting this - green is low, yellow is fine, red is overdoing it. It has the [b]GP-12 band EQ[/b], operated by sliders and activated via a push/push button. It has the famous '[b]Trace Elliot Pre-shape[/b]', which overides the EQ and gives the 'trade mark Trace Elliot Sound'. It is the setting I use when playing in my 2 rock bands. Also activated via a push/push button. It has a [b]Harmonic emphasis[/b] push/push button that is varied via a knob. I don't use this. It has [b]Valve Stage[/b] activated by a push/push button and adjusted via a knob. This gives a degree of valve 'warmth' to the sound right up to a fairly strong overdriven sound. I like this. Lots. There is a [b]2-band compressor [/b]with a blend knob. I have it set up more as a boost because I don't really understand what it does, despite Simon's best efforts at explaining it at the last bass bash. There is a [b]noise reduction [/b]push/push button that eliminates hum and hiss, especially if using it with the highs boosted. There is a [b]mute/tune[/b] push/push button - this mutes the connection to the speaker(?) but if connected to a tuner the signal is still available. So that's the front gubbins.

On the back there is the power socket and on/off switch. 5-way DIN socket for the 5-way footswitch and a jack socket for a mute footswitch. There are two jack inputs for effects loop, which is switchable parallel/series, with a blend knob. This is EXTREMELY useful and eliminates the need for all sorts of line boxes. There are two jack sockets for line out and tuner. Balanced XLR output for Di, which is switchable pre/post eq. 2 x jack sockets for speakers - min load 4ohms.

I recently bought for this a slightly second hand New Old Stock 5 way footswitch, which controls pre-shap, EQ, Valve drive, compression and effects. It really makes using these buttons SO much easier. This arrived wrapped in dried Unicorn placenta and packed out with hens teeth and rocking horse poo.

1153 cab - 15" 2 x jack socket or, strangely (?) XLR rather than Speakon.

2103H - 2 x 10". again, jacks or XLRs. I think this is the one with a switchable tweeter but will check.

I would rather sell this as a complete rig, with monster OBBM cables for the speakers and kettle lead. Head has it's original cover, I had Roqsolid covers made for the cabs in black with green piping.

[s]£600 for the lot, collection from Benfleet in Essex, SS71LD or meet half way for fuel. This is a huge amount of kit for the money but I need it going and so have priced it to sell. *now with 1x18 cab added - £120[/s]

Price revision - I will sell separately or bundle into a 'deal'

AH300-12, with cover and kettle lead - £250
1153T, with cover and cable - £150
2013H, with cover and cable - £150
1818 - £120
Footswitch - £50

Head + 1153 +2013 +footswitch + cables etc £550
Head + (1153 or 2013) + 1818 + cables etc + footswitch £520
Remove footswitch less £50.

Whole lot £650.

I will take some pictures tomorrow and add weights and dimensions but here are a couple of long range shots of it in use last summer (captions welcomed for pic1....)

[attachment=76491:Stanford...030710ra.jpg] [attachment=76490:Stanford...030710rc.jpg]

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Paul S

Ok, some details and pics..

The whole rig, with covers, without covers, stacked the other way if you prefer..

[attachment=76538:TE1.jpg][attachment=76539:TE2.jpg][attachment=76541:TE3.jpg][attachment=76540:TE2a
.jpg]

The head - AH300-12 - (wxhxd) 49 x 15 x 37cm and approx. 15kg

[attachment=76542:TE4.jpg][attachment=76543:TE5.jpg]

The 2x10 (2103H) cab - 49 x 63 x 43cm and approx 31kg (and it is with an adjustable tweeter)

[attachment=76544:TE6.jpg][attachment=76545:TE6a.jpg]

The 1x15 (1053T) cab - 49 x 63 x 43cm and approx 26kg

[attachment=76546:TE7.jpg][attachment=76547:TE7a.jpg]

The ultra-rare footswitch (as you can see, pretty much as new), monster OBBM speaker cables, kettle lead and head manual.

[attachment=76548:TE8.jpg][attachment=76549:TE9.jpg]

And 'El Gordo' the leviathan 1x18 cabinet I didn't mention yesterday - 61 x 79 x 43cm and approx 40kg. This beast is rather tatty but works perfectly well. I had intended to buy a can of satin black, take all the metal bits off and give him a makeover - the tolex isn't too bad - but, well, won't bother now. On 4 casters, 2 are lockable

[attachment=76550:TE10.jpg][attachment=76551:TE10a.jpg]

I'd like £120 for this and am reluctant to sell this to anyone leaving by the sea in case it sets off a tsunami.

The marks on the fronts of the cabs are reflections from stuff around, not marks. Well, except for El Gordo. The cabs have one or two small tears in the tolex but nothing much. At the back side of the cabs the edges are just starting to lift a fraction - nothing much. And even though the sizes don't seem to match they do stack - it is the little rubber feet that make some measurements different.

Edit for price revision - I will sell separately or bundle into a 'deal'

AH300-12, with cover and kettle lead - £250
1153T, with cover and cable - £150
2013H, with cover and cable - £150
1818 - £120
Footswitch - £50

Head + 1153 +2013 +footswitch + cables etc £550
Head + (1153 or 2013) + 1818 + cables etc + footswitch £520
Remove footswitch less £50.

Whole lot £650.

Edited by Paul S

Right, another price drop as I have now splashed out on the replacement and I could do with this lot gone.

AH300-12, with cover and kettle lead - [s]£250[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£200[/color]
1153T, with cover and cable - [s]£150[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£120[/color]
2013H, with cover and cable - [s]£150[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£120[/color]
1818 - [s]£120[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£100[/color]
Footswitch - [s]£50[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£40[/color]

Head + 1153 +2013 +footswitch + cables etc [s]£550[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£450[/color]
Head + (1153 or 2013) + 1818 + cables etc + footswitch [s]£520[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£420[/color]
Remove footswitch less £40.

Whole lot [s]£600. [/s] [color="#FF0000"]£500[/color]

I know, I am mad.

I will deliver a reasonable distance for cost of fuel. Just ask!

[quote name='Paul S' post='1189314' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:17 PM']Right, another price drop as I have now splashed out on the replacement and I could do with this lot gone.

AH300-12, with cover and kettle lead - [s]£250[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£200[/color]
1153T, with cover and cable - [s]£150[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£120[/color]
2013H, with cover and cable - [s]£150[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£120[/color]
1818 - [s]£120[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£100[/color]
Footswitch - [s]£50[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£40[/color]

Head + 1153 +2013 +footswitch + cables etc [s]£550[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£450[/color]
Head + (1153 or 2013) + 1818 + cables etc + footswitch [s]£520[/s] [color="#FF0000"]£420[/color]
Remove footswitch less £40.

Whole lot [s]£600. [/s] [color="#FF0000"]£500[/color]

[b]I know, I am mad.[/b]
I will deliver a reasonable distance for cost of fuel. Just ask![/quote]

Yes you are!

What an incredible rig! Mine was exactly the same as yours downt to the footswitch but i had the combo version with the 15" so i had to buy a combo with a 2x10 and remove it's head so i could mount the GP12X and stack it on top of the "empty" 1x15. Huge sound for a complete bargain! I spent close to 1800€ with my old rig and it didn't had the covers!!!

Have a free bump on me, this rig deserves it! :)

This takes me back a bit.

I had an early 90s version of this rig. 18, 15, & 4x10s.

I remember going to an audition for a metal band and rocking up with this. It was the only time I could turn it on. At home was never an option. The look on the guitarists face when he turned up with his Laney 1x12 combo was priceless. Outgunned was an understatement. It was a very loud rig. The 18 would move the moon when I played 16ths on the b string.

Sadly my back just wouldn't cope now.

Someone will certainly get a bargain with this. And a lot less space. Have a bump on me.

And back again, sir.

But now sold to a third party. Thanks all. Well, the 1818 is still here but I'll keep that until my new Barefaced Compact arrives otherwise I'll have nothing to use in the meanwhile!

• 1 month later...

I have. Still waiting until I get my Barefaced Compact before sticking it up on here again, which is going to be about a week and a half from now.

I've also got an AH250 MkV head back from the menders so will have that available too. 'Best head they ever made' said the guy in the Trace Elliot authorised service centre in Southend.... not so many bells and whistles as some heads but the tone is just hmmmm

I *think* Thornybank has already registered an interest in both but will check once I am ready to dispose of them. Certainly Essex is nearer than Scotland.

[quote name='Paul S' post='1229757' date='May 13 2011, 10:39 AM']I have. Still waiting until I get my Barefaced Compact before sticking it up on here again, which is going to be about a week and a half from now.

I've also got an AH250 MkV head back from the menders so will have that available too. 'Best head they ever made' said the guy in the Trace Elliot authorised service centre in Southend.... not so many bells and whistles as some heads but the tone is just hmmmm

I *think* Thornybank has already registered an interest in both but will check once I am ready to dispose of them. Certainly Essex is nearer than Scotland.[/quote]

ok dude , sold my 1x15 and regret it already!
could you give me the trace authorised repaiere number please as my 400 head could do with a service!

many thanks
ziggy.

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='1230385' date='May 13 2011, 08:31 PM']ok dude , sold my 1x15 and regret it already!
could you give me the trace authorised repaiere number please as my 400 head could do with a service!

many thanks
ziggy.[/quote]
Has the 2x10 gone? Drunk Geoff

Yes, Geoff, 2x10 has gone.

Ziggy [url="http://www.electronicmusicservices.co.uk/traceelliot/"]here is their website[/url]. The deal is you take it in, then 2 weeks later ring up and say 'how are you getting on?' and then they start working on it.

Anyway, I'll check in with Thornybank when I am ready and then let you know what the score is.

I am soooo tempted to keep the head just, well, because. Depends what I get offered for it I suppose. I did a head to head play along with my TC Electronics head the other day when I got the AH250 back, both through the 18" and although the TC is extremely good it didn't quite have the magic. Still, my back will appreciate the 20+kg difference.

Edited by Paul S