Why become a member? ×

Sold - Status Groove Bass

benebass

Hi - decided to put this back up for sale, as it's not being played as much as it deserves to be!

There's not a great deal online about these, but they are pretty much Status' take on the Stingray, with a huge Trimax humbucker near the bridge & a 2 band EQ (with active / passive switch). The neck is much slimmer than a Stingray though - really comfy. I think it's from the late nineties & was built in the UK.

In general it's in a pretty good condition for it's age (a couple of dings here & there), but when I got it there was a small crack behind the neck join. I discussed this on the forum (thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80417"]here[/url]) & the consensus was that it wasn't structural. In the couple of years I've had it there haven't been any problems & it's had a pro repair job, along with a recent set up & restringing.

I'm looking for [s]£300[/s] £280 for this collected (I'm based in Newcastle upon Tyne) - I don't have anything to post it in at present & I'd prefer any prospective buyers to have a look, as the repair really is a good job.

Pics: -

[attachment=76478:IMGP2334.JPG] [attachment=76481:IMGP2332.JPG] [attachment=76482:IMGP2331.JPG]

Cheers,

B.

P.S. My feedback thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70908"]here[/url]

Edited by benebass

[quote name='merello' post='1185899' date='Apr 2 2011, 03:45 PM']Looks really smart - best of luck![/quote]

Cheers merello! Just been playing it actually - forgotten how nice the neck is. If it wasn't for incoming stuff it'd be staying here to be honest...

B.

[quote name='benebass' post='1185961' date='Apr 2 2011, 05:03 PM']Cheers merello! Just been playing it actually - forgotten how nice the neck is. If it wasn't for incoming stuff it'd be staying here to be honest...

B.[/quote]

How would you describe the sound/character of this beauty?

[quote name='Lacertus' post='1186030' date='Apr 2 2011, 06:30 PM']How would you describe the sound/character of this beauty?[/quote]

Hi Lacertus - I'd say it's character is obviously quite Stingray-like, but in general it's a lot less in your face. Neck profile's much slimmer & to me the sound is a lot more rounded, but I'm no expert as I've never owned a real Stingray.

Cheers,

B.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1186078' date='Apr 2 2011, 07:13 PM']These are stunning basses that play & sound like they're worth 1k easy. Great fat punchy sound. I good combo of stingray growl and articulate jazz bass tone.

Bargain buy this! Someone snap it up quick.[/quote]

I wish you hadn't have posted the above . . . . .

You must have played one and know how good they are. . . . :) :) :lol:

Sorry nurse. . . I just can't resist.

Sell it to me, Please.

PM being sent.

I used to own 2 older Status basses. A Shark II and a Groove (My groove was a sunburst one). It was the first bass I owned that had a really slim neck profile (something not modelled on a Fender) and it blew me away. The feel is great and the tone is lovely for rock and finger funk.

These were great value money when they were released (around £600 of I recall) but at the price they come up 2nd hand, if you get one in good condition it's a real steal.

I regret selling my Groove. They are awesome.

Where are you in the Toon, and would you be interested in a trade for this?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=125690"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=125690[/url]

Shy bairns get nowt, after all! :)

Hi - really sorry about this, but after reading the replies on the thread & playing the Groove for ages today I think I'll regret moving it on at the mo, so I'm withdrawing it for the time being. Looks like I'll have to find some other stuff to sell...

PMs replied to.

Conan - decent cab - thanks for the offer.

Cheers,

B.

Edited by benebass

[quote name='benebass' post='1187205' date='Apr 3 2011, 10:40 PM']Hi - really sorry about this, but after reading the replies on the thread & playing the Groove for ages today I think I'll regret moving it on at the mo, so I'm withdrawing it for the time being. Looks like I'll have to find some other stuff to sell...

Cheers,

B.

P.S.[/quote]

Oh so glad you've come to your senses! What were you thinking? :)

Repeat after me...never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1187252' date='Apr 3 2011, 11:16 PM']Oh so glad you've come to your senses! What were you thinking? :)

Repeat after me...never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses.never sell Groove basses[/quote]

Yeah, we've definitely got something in common here! Still got that black Groove 5?

Cheers,

B.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1335041441' post='1625206']
*looks around for trade bait*

I've got some easter eggs... :)
[/quote]

Not really looking for any trades at the mo - and I always find the mids are lacking with easter eggs these days... ;)

[quote name='benebass' timestamp='1335044840' post='1625252']
Not really looking for any trades at the mo - and I always find the mids are lacking with easter eggs these days... ;)
[/quote]
kinda hollow sounding

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1335055995' post='1625335']
intonation all over the place when it gets too hot too...
[/quote]

Totally! :)

Bringing it back on topic, I can confirm that this bass has absolutely nothing in common with an easter egg whatsoever!

Cheers,

B.