Why become a member? ×

Squier CV 50's P in butterscotch blonde?

dave_bass5

You have to hand it to Squier - they seem to be getting their marketing spot-on.

I know many don't consider them to be serious instruments (and I admit to have irrational thoughts in my mind) but they've produced so many models lately that I like the look of. I've a CV 60's P in blue and now I want one of the active Jaguars in red.

[quote name='Duarte' post='1191074' date='Apr 6 2011, 09:17 PM']Doesn't Matt Freeman play a Tony Franklin signature P bass? What's going on there...

That butter P looks so nice. I think it may be ESSENTIAL[/quote]

Im not a Matt Freeman fan as i'd never heard of him untill this bass was mentioned, but in the interview he did for the Squier website he said his favorite bass is his 70's P (which this is based on) but he never uses it anymore as he is nervius about taking it out.
He also metions he has had over 90 basses.

Edited by dave_bass5

I think it may have been linked to, but here is the reason why I started to take bass evenn more seriously....good bass players in punk? You'd be surprised how many there are.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPhZ8SYa1Sw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPhZ8SYa1Sw[/url]

Matt Freeman shredding on a Jazz bass with zero effort.

[quote name='Johnston' post='1191745' date='Apr 7 2011, 02:12 PM']Ahh when EBMM make something out of it and charge a fortune it will be more appreciated .[/quote]

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1191764' date='Apr 7 2011, 02:30 PM']yeah but it will still have a weak G sting :-)[/quote]

[quote name='Johnston' post='1191776' date='Apr 7 2011, 02:46 PM']Weak G strings are a good thing. Easier on the teeth than a strong one .[/quote]

HAH

...I am interested to see how pine holds up. If it's anything like my desk, not long.