Why become a member? ×

Please input upcoming gigs into BC's calendar ...

Clarky

I recently discovered the little Calendar link at the top right hand side of the BassChat home page which very few seem to have noticed (including uber-mod Dood, lol!) This allows you to input upcoming events/gigs so that the rest of us can see where and when you are gigging. It means we can click on, say, Friday 25th March and see whether there are any BC'ers playing in our area and, gasp, maybe even attend. It could also be used to input key events, like Bass Bashes or Bass Shows.

Its very easy to input (choose the options on the lower right hand side of the calendar page). Note that Machines has said that entries will need mod approval before appearing so your input will not be visible initially. However, he has said that calendar entries will be regularly moderated in batches so your calendar entry shouldn't take long to appear.

Here's the link to make it even easier than clicking on the top right hand side of the home page: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=calendar"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=calendar[/url]

As a suggestion, perhaps this could be pinned at the top of the Gigs section to make it easy for everyone?

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='1173142' date='Mar 23 2011, 12:06 PM']As soon as I am playing in a band I am not ashamed to be seen with, I will gladly put some gigs up here. :)[/quote]

Well I shall endeavour to attend your next gig to determine what level of 'ashamedeness' you should be displaying :)

There's not a cat in hells chance I'm putting up my band's gigs until I'm satisfied we don't look complete arses. If you hear of a bass player in a balaclava in north Devon that'll be me.

nor me!

I just keep astraight face and play the same mistake in the same place next I get to that bit in the song again :)

I'd bung mine up but they're all either private parties or dinner and dances - hard core rock star me :)

Edited by bob_pickard

[quote name='steve' post='1173903' date='Mar 23 2011, 09:20 PM']put one of mine up for saturday, but it didn't add it, do they need mod approval or am i just useless?[/quote]the
Hey Steve, I mentioned in OP that entries are approved in batches by the mods - it will appear, worry not!

[quote name='Marvin' post='1173591' date='Mar 23 2011, 05:50 PM']Well I shall endeavour to attend your next gig to determine what level of 'ashamedeness' you should be displaying :)

There's not a cat in hells chance I'm putting up my band's gigs until I'm satisfied we don't look complete arses. If you hear of a bass player in a balaclava in north Devon that'll be me.[/quote]

Excellent, balaclava bass, I should try that, better than "Shiny Suit and Tie and big 80s slappy thumb" bass, which I am heartily sick of. Oh, and Northam, saturday night, in the Kingsley if you're interested Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='1174309' date='Mar 24 2011, 10:58 AM']Excellent, balaclava bass, I should try that, better than "Shiny Suit and Tie and big 80s slappy thumb" bass, which I am heartily sick of. Oh, and Northam, saturday night, in the Kingsley if you're interested Rich.[/quote]
Nuts, I missed your post. Too late now, obviously :)

All the best in Exeter with the new project.

[quote name='Marvin' post='1190310' date='Apr 6 2011, 11:39 AM']Nuts, I missed your post. Too late now, obviously :)

All the best in Exeter with the new project.[/quote]

Cheers, that I did put up for tomorrow night, although I have already had an email telling me to wear the right shoes.... hmmm...

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1177194' date='Mar 26 2011, 02:33 PM']So just how long does this moderator approval take?

I put two Dick Venom gigs up there yesterday and they still haven't appeared.[/quote]

the one I put up didn't appear until after the gig, my fault I know for not doing it sooner but do we have some idea of how frequently the calendar is updated?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...