Why become a member? ×

4 string Burr Elm Diary

scojack

That is true craftsmanship but combined with SUPERB judgement of colours, shapes, effects and combinations.

This is in another league to anything I've tried or even seen - it really is World Class stuff...the buyer won't be able to wipe the smile off his face for years :)

Great thread and fantastic, fantastic bass!

I bow, humbled, before you, master :)

Andy

[quote name='scojack' post='1235882' date='May 18 2011, 03:51 PM']Thanks Giblett your comments are very much appreciated :-)
This one has a customer, i have only just taken this lutherie malarky up again after a long long gap, anyhoo... i was intending to build one or two for sale this year and maybe another EUB[/quote]

That's a shame, your previous EUB build looked really good, as does this. I was going to ask how much you'd charge for an EUB as well.

Good luck with the move anyway, hope you get settled and back to making basses as soon as.

• 3 weeks later...

as mentioned above the style and choice of woods are exceptional on this bass. its too easy to throw everything at designing a bass to try and be different from the next and there are some pig ugly creations out there to prove it. this just oozes class and i cant wait to see it finished. of all the boutique basses i have looked at lately and there is a hell of a lot of them out there, this one is by far my favourite. stunning.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...