Why become a member? ×

Aguilar GS412 further price drop. £500.

symcbass

Looking to downsize in the near future (guestimate at next month or two). Most probably after a straight sale, as I have the option of buying a lighter cab I like soon.
May be interested in trade for a high end lighter cab though, 4x10 minimum.
Just thought I'd put the feelers out to see if there would be any interest. If not, I'd put up with the weight and size for a bit longer as I love the sound of this cab, just the logistics are becoming a bit of a pain as I need to transport my upright and this cab myself to gigs! Just about room for me to actually drive my car.
In good condition, no rips in carpet, grille unmarked, speakers all A1.
NOTE- I'm near Glasgow, and shipping could be pricey for this cab.

Cheers.

Ideally pickup from Glasgow or can deliver within reason. Can be shipped, but buyer must arrange pickup.

Price dropped to £500, bargain price for the best cab I've owned.

Edited by symcbass

[quote name='symcbass' post='1164399' date='Mar 16 2011, 01:57 PM']Looking to downsize in the near future (guestimate at next month or two). Most probably after a straight sale, as I have the option of buying a lighter cab I like soon.
Just thought I'd put the feelers out to see if there would be any interest. If not, I'd put up with the weight and size for a bit longer as I love the sound of this cab, just the logistics are becoming a bit of a pain as I need to transport my upright and this cab myself to gigs! Just about room for me to actually drive my car.
Cheers.[/quote]

Any photos and maybe how much you are looking for. ?

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

I read somewhere the one of the Deltalite 12s is a good match to the cab, with less mid scoop, and lighter, if you want to lighten it, should be able to get good price for the Aguilar drivers. I had mine shipped to me for £80.

Also, if people are chucking offers, chuck some at me for my one.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

Good shout sir,
I'll do some investigating. If It brought the weight of the cab down a good bit, It would be a cheaper option for me. Plus the 4 12's just sound so good. Anyone else care to chime in on this option? suitable replacement drivers etc?

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/aguilar-gs-112-speaker-replacement-548810/"]Thread on another forum on the subject[/url]

For opinions, you are best off making a thread in amps and cabs, or technical issues, because the techies won't be looking here.

Edit: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44560&view=findpost&p=442197"]Bit of BC discussion here.[/url]

Edit 2: Quickly ran the drivers through winISD with some guestimates of the GS412 specs:

Hmm, not sure if you'll be able to make that out so well.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1164907' date='Mar 16 2011, 08:13 PM']I read somewhere the one of the Deltalite 12s is a good match to the cab, with less mid scoop, and lighter, if you want to lighten it, should be able to get good price for the Aguilar drivers. I had mine shipped to me for £80.

Also, if people are chucking offers, chuck some at me for my one.[/quote]

I could do with a 12" Aguilar driver or maybe 2.

I am waiting to see what the warranty issue brings me...
I'd be interested in the whole cab if I wasn't as far south from it as pretty much you can get whilst on the same island :)

• 2 months later...

[quote name='symcbass' post='1164399' date='Mar 16 2011, 02:57 PM']Looking to downsize in the near future (guestimate at next month or two). Most probably after a straight sale, as I have the option of buying a lighter cab I like soon.
Cheers.[/quote]
Hi - Don't know if you've still got the cab but if so let me know what you're looking at and I could have a drive up that way.
Regards
Shug

• 1 year later...

Decided I'm definately downsizing, now up for sale at £575 ONO.
PM me if you want pics.
Near Glasgow for logistics info. Available for trial any time. Buy It before I change my mind again, super cab, the sound is immense, just too big as I play double bass and have to transport me, double bass, amp & cab in my own car to gigs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back up for sale at £500
Didn't get on with the Bergs I was trying out in the end.
For those that were interested, I'll PM you.
Sorry for any wait you guys that were interested before.

Edited by symcbass