Why become a member? ×

ACG "Recurve" 6

giblett123

Morning everyone,

Here we have my ACG "Recurve" single cut bolt on 6, I've had the bass from new for a few months but having sold my soul to Barclaycard I need to free up some dosh (I also seriously fancy the short scale "Tefano" Alan is building)! The bass is beautifully built, top drawer stuff and very playable, balance is great with no neck dive and it weighs round the 9lb mark. Sound wise you can nail pretty much anything on it, very versatile.

[b]Specs are:[/b] Swamp Ash body with 7 piece Wenge/Maple neck. Pao Ferro finger board with no radius. ACG SB pickup in bridge and RFB at the neck ACG EQ01 pre-amp.
Hipshot Type A 17mm spacing Schaller strap locks. oil lubricated steel wool satin lacquer finish, come is a hiscox case.

[b]Condition:[/b] A1, it is pristine, no wear, dings or issues whatsoever, it is as new.

[b]Price[/b];Sold.

Chris.
Back up, I no longer need to sell it but have come r the conclusion 6 string s too many for my technique!

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='k-sad' post='1158979' date='Mar 12 2011, 08:45 AM']Why the **** would people play deliberately on a no radius board?

Good luck for the sale, nice 6 stringers those days and i'm desperate to find one that fits my needs
:)[/quote]
I have no knowledge about the radius thing, I just pick it up and play it and it feels fine! Scale length is 34"

[quote name='k-sad' post='1158979' date='Mar 12 2011, 08:45 AM']Why the **** would people play deliberately on a no radius board?[/quote]

Try it, you won't go back. :)
Someone is going to be very happy if they buy this. As a member of the ACG Owners Club they are astonishing Basses.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='k-sad' post='1158979' date='Mar 12 2011, 08:45 AM']Why the **** would people play deliberately on a no radius board?

Good luck for the sale, nice 6 stringers those days and i'm desperate to find one that fits my needs

As an owner of an ACG Harlot singlecut I can confirm the flat board coupled with the asymmetrical neck in perhaps the best combination I've ever tried. It is the ultimate neck.

Edited by Chris2112

I have tried it but my fingers and wrist don't like it... Do you guys mix flat boards and radiused ones or is it some kind of dedicated thing? (i personnaly thought this was good for tapping basically)

As I said, good luck for the sale, those basses look stunning for the price ^^
Cheers
Flo

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1159251' date='Mar 12 2011, 01:18 PM']I mix it. Flat on my ACG, curved on my Jazz bass and Kubicki. I probably feel most 'at home' on the ACG now.[/quote]
The ACG's have an asymmetric neck profile which works really well with the zero radius board, v comfortable and. Doodle to play.

Why not ?

All my basses have flat boards, try one.

[quote name='Soliloquy' post='1159441' date='Mar 12 2011, 03:57 PM']Why not ?

All my basses have flat boards, try one.[/quote]
Flat seems ok to me too and the asymmetric thing is great! I'll try and sort some clips this week, I'm too low tech at home to get anything like a decent recording.

[quote name='giblett123' post='1159446' date='Mar 12 2011, 04:00 PM']Flat seems ok to me too and the asymmetric thing is great! I'll try and sort some clips this week, I'm too low tech at home to get anything like a decent recording.[/quote]

Thanks, that'd be great!

[quote name='giblett123' post='1159454' date='Mar 12 2011, 04:08 PM']If your ever in the Midlands your also more tham welcome to drop in and play it, same goes for anyone else.[/quote]

Cheers, setting up for a gig at the moment but will give it serious thought tomorrow. Thanks.

No radius boards married to asymmetrical neck profiles are *fabulous* to play. The radiused board came about largely so that guitarists could make bar chords easier and because upright basses needed a large radius because they had upscaled the violin board to be fit for purpose given the constraints of double bass construction. Manufacturers used radiused boards on electric basses because that's what they were used to and it simply became the norm, but there's absolutely no need for one on an electric bass.

I find it kind of odd that you pose a question in a for sale thread which, intentionally or not, may put people off buying the bass (and all from a position of ignorance - unless you've owned a no-radius ACG and played it for a few days you frankly haven't a clue what you're talking about) and then wish the seller "good luck for the sale". I mean, really - What were you thinking?

Despite K-sad's ill-informed comment, can I just state (as someone who owns and plays ACGs) that once you've tried a no-radius board with the ACG asymmetrical neck profile you'll probably be reluctant to go back to more standard fare.

Have a bump for a superb flat-board bass guitar.

Edited by Scoop

Played this bass at a previous moffat bass bash for a quite a while as a temporary fix whilst waiting for my ACG to be completed. Mine is similar in a lot of respects, 6 string, same pickup layoput (albeit with slightly different positioning), recurve body shape (altho' mine is an SC). Giblett, I think you must be mad to sell it. If it's a fund raising process, there must be something else you own which you could sell in its place.

Mine (and therefore this one) is by far and away the most comfortable bass I've played - it just hugs your body on the strap, if you see what I mean . (I won't even bother to comment on the previous post questioning a flat board). I've previously owned Fender Jazzes, a Precision, a vintage 'ray, a Bongo, an early Roscoe etc etc etc, and this is the only bass that has held my interest for more than a few months - this is reflected at gigs too, I always get positive comments about how it looks or sounds - even from guitarists. They feel great and sound great, now stop being daft and reconsider before someone else buys it and you end up regretting it :) :)

[quote name='Scoop' post='1160091' date='Mar 13 2011, 01:45 AM']I find it kind of odd that you pose a question in a for sale thread which, intentionally or not, may put people off buying the bass (and all from a position of ignorance - unless you've owned a no-radius ACG and played it for a few days you frankly haven't a clue what you're talking about) and then wish the seller "good luck for the sale". I mean, really - What were you thinking?[/quote]

Despite any thinly veiled digs, these absses sell themselves. Quite simply, my ACG Harlot singlecut is the best bass I've ever played. Countless scores of basses costing loads more are relegated to the "good, but not as good as my ACG" category.

Could I find something else that looks as good? Probably not.

Could I find something else that sounds as good? No.

Could I find something else that plays as well? probably not.

Could I find something else as well built? Not without paying considerably more than an ACG costs.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1160112' date='Mar 13 2011, 04:03 AM']Despite any thinly veiled digs, these absses sell themselves. Quite simply, my ACG Harlot singlecut is the best bass I've ever played. Countless scores of basses costing loads more are relegated to the "good, but not as good as my ACG" category.

Could I find something else that looks as good? Probably not.

Could I find something else that sounds as good? No.

Could I find something else that plays as well? probably not.

Could I find something else as well built? Not without paying considerably more than an ACG costs.[/quote]
Cheers for all the kind words folks, yep, guilty as charged, I am bonkers to sell it, it is a fantastic bass in every way! I spend most of my time plodding on a P bass but needed the low B, I saw it and bought it on impulse as I have a 4, I know they are fantastic etc, to be honest 6 strings is beyond my gimp like technique, 4 is fine, 5 I can do, 6? nah, not for me,I'm too clumsy! Alan is currently building me a 5 which will be an uber sexy bass and will take the place of this one.

[quote name='giblett123' post='1160398' date='Mar 13 2011, 12:40 PM']Cheers for all the kind words folks, yep, guilty as charged, I am bonkers to sell it, it is a fantastic bass in every way! I spend most of my time plodding on a P bass but needed the low B, I saw it and bought it on impulse as I have a 4, I know they are fantastic etc, to be honest 6 strings is beyond my gimp like technique, 4 is fine, 5 I can do, 6? nah, not for me,I'm too clumsy! Alan is currently building me a 5 which will be an uber sexy bass and will take the place of this one.[/quote]
Monday bump.