Why become a member? ×

Markbass CMD 102P

Hola all.

As much as I like my markbass combo, I have serious gas for the Orange terror bass and SP210 or SP212

So I fancy doing a swap for the Orange terror bass rig.

With my main bass (Ric 4003) I feel my current combo along with with this trebley (yes its a word)bass is a bit too clean for my dirty rock sound that I love so much. Maybe it turns out I should not have sold either of my ampeg rigs!!!!

Updated for Ampeg combo or Portaflex rig.

If you fancy a swap then get in touch and see what we can arrange.

Cheers
Steven

Heres a wee pic (Bongo not included)

Edited by munkonthehill

[quote name='andy67' post='1157423' date='Mar 10 2011, 11:21 PM']Good luck with the sale Steve, I'm absolutely certain you will prefer the Orange!

Just to add, Steve is a great guy who really looks after his gear and is an absolute gentleman.

andy[/quote]

Ah thank you for your kind words mate, yer tenner is in the post hahaha.

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1157428' date='Mar 10 2011, 11:23 PM']Good luck with the sale, and your quest for Orange! If you have no luck I'd recommend chucking a sansamp or a vt bass in front of it for some tasteful grit :)[/quote]

Thanks for that buddy, I'm using a DHA pedal just now and it's doing a pretty decent job, however I have hear rave reviews comments on the sansamp and vt bass. If things go a bit pets tong with my sale I may just give them a bash.

Brilliant wee combos these & still not sure why you're selling it (other than gas :) ).

If I had the spare dosh, I'd buy it to have one each side of the stage & use the left & right from the Bass Murf so I can have stereo fun. :)

Steve you sat on my sofa a fortnight ago saying you loved the amp!! I think you said it in the last post, you may be chasing the tone now that your guitar gas is sorted.

Rhino fro the Quo now uses Markbass gear. You don`t get any more rock than that!! :)

Jez

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1158467' date='Mar 11 2011, 07:09 PM']Steve you sat on my sofa a fortnight ago saying you loved the amp!! I think you said it in the last post, you may be chasing the tone now that your guitar gas is sorted.

Rhino fro the Quo now uses Markbass gear. You don`t get any more rock than that!! :)

Jez[/quote]

Damn you and your memory Gerry hahahahaha. Yeah I think I just have some gas.

I know this amp is amazing and lots of people would love to own one. I should be grateful with what I have and realise that bouncing form amp to amp is just a waste of time and money.

I will be using my DHA valve pedal a bit more and see if I can cure this bloody need for an orange rig.

Edited by munkonthehill

[quote name='andy67' post='1163766' date='Mar 15 2011, 09:46 PM']Any luck yet mate?

Andy[/quote]

None, however I am in 2 bloody minds about it now!!! I have a gig at the end of April and if I did sell this, then theres no guarantee i would be able to get an orange rig in time!!

I may hold off the noo and play about with my DHA pedal.

Jez was right in what he said above..I was at his gaff for a wee cuppa tea and I was boasting of the markbass sound. im glad he reminded me how happy i was with it.

But by god GAS is a terrible thing.

In my opinion (which is totally subjective and worth exactly what you paid for it! :) ), MarkBass doesn't really have "a sound" as such. Sure, there's a degree of flexibility with the VPL/VLF filters and eq., but with everything flat or off I find MarkBass to be as close to a perfectly pure sound as it's possible to get. So the problem is, if you go for "the Orange sound" or "the Ampeg sound" or whatever, you're effectively stuck with that. Maybe that's what you really want; fair enough, but I'd probably look at processing/modifying your signal to get the sound you want, because I think you'll regret selling the MarkBass unit very quickly!

Just my 2p.

:)

(Yes, I am biased. I love my MarkBass combo!)

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='1163804' date='Mar 15 2011, 10:18 PM']In my opinion (which is totally subjective and worth exactly what you paid for it! :) ), MarkBass doesn't really have "a sound" as such. Sure, there's a degree of flexibility with the VPL/VLF filters and eq., but with everything flat or off I find MarkBass to be as close to a perfectly pure sound as it's possible to get. So the problem is, if you go for "the Orange sound" or "the Ampeg sound" or whatever, you're effectively stuck with that. Maybe that's what you really want; fair enough, but I'd probably look at processing/modifying your signal to get the sound you want, because I think you'll regret selling the MarkBass unit very quickly!

Just my 2p.

:)

(Yes, I am biased. I love my MarkBass combo!)[/quote]

I know where your coming from buddy. I am getting great reviews from they fellas in the band about my sound coming from the combo and my main guitairst nearly wet himself when I kicked in with the DHA pedal for Slither and Ace of Spades.

Maybe im chasing something thats not there, THEE TONE. I keep forgetting that regardless of my TONE, I am still going to sound like me.

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1158467' date='Mar 11 2011, 07:09 PM']Steve you sat on my sofa a fortnight ago saying you loved the amp!! I think you said it in the last post, you may be chasing the tone now that your guitar gas is sorted.

Jez[/quote]

MB1. :D
And Status Basses! Arrgh!, Now Maybe? :) :lol: .......................... Sorry! i'll get me coat!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi mate i got orange ampeg ashdown and markbass and use a yamaha bass a ibanez a wawick corvet warwick streamer and fender precision the best sound i get is with the markbass try putting the markbass 15 inch bas bin withit see what i mean. good luck whatever you decide

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1163814' date='Mar 15 2011, 11:24 PM']I know where your coming from buddy. I am getting great reviews from they fellas in the band about my sound coming from the combo and my main guitairst nearly wet himself when I kicked in with the DHA pedal for Slither and Ace of Spades.

Maybe im chasing something thats not there, THEE TONE. I keep forgetting that regardless of my TONE, I am still going to sound like me.[/quote]

glad you're getting on with the DHA by the sound of it. Hope you find what you are looking for. I like following all the ins and outs of your hunt for the perfect set up.

[quote name='RichF' post='1256710' date='Jun 4 2011, 06:22 PM']glad you're getting on with the DHA by the sound of it. Hope you find what you are looking for. I like following all the ins and outs of your hunt for the perfect set up.[/quote]

Well if nothing else im sure this search is entertaining Rich :)

I just wish I never sold on the ampeg B5R and 4x10 rig I had. I wanted lightweight and compact. But by doing that I now have a cracking powerful amp but really loved the B5R o/d channel that was so natural! Owell.

So I guess a nice valve preamp in a head or combo would be nice. Lightweight would be a bonus as I am now used to the markbass but hey ho its fun finding out what out there.

• 2 weeks later...