Why become a member? ×

Amp nightmare!!!!!!

bubinga5

Ok was setting off for a rehearsal tonight... in a major rush to get to Bristol..Heard a grinding noise as we pulled off ( i wasnt driving) so stopped to see what it was... t was my Aguilar head being pushed up the drive under the car..!! ARGH!!.. It was in its head bag...i think the bag took the brunt of the very rough tarmac.. as its been ripped apart.. there is a little scuffing on the amp itself, but nothing major and it still works...?????

i sh*t you not i nearly fainted when i realised... how could i have been so stupid!!! This amp is built like a tank though...im amazed it still works... and the bag did its job in a big way..

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1150174' date='Mar 5 2011, 12:49 AM']Ok was setting off for a rehearsal tonight... in a major rush to get to Bristol..Heard a grinding noise as we pulled off ( i wasnt driving) so stopped to see what it was... t was my Aguilar head being pushed up the drive under the car..!! ARGH!!.. It was in its head bag...i think the bag took the brunt of the very rough tarmac.. as its been ripped apart.. there is a little scuffing on the amp itself, but nothing major and it still works...?????

i sh*t you not i nearly fainted when i realised... how could i have been so stupid!!! This amp is built like a tank though...im amazed it still works... and the bag did its job in a big way..[/quote]

Bleedin' heck mate, you had a dead lucky escape there!
As I was reading it I was thinking you were going to be saying "does anyone know how to fix an Aguilar?" at the end of it!

There was an advert that Eden did a few years back, a guy's studio had gone up in flames along with all of his gear, including his WT800 head. The thing had been totally grilled; it was badly charred, and the knobs on the amp face had melted. Apparently though (according to the advert) the amp worked perfectly when he switched it back on, no problems.

It's just got to be a testament to Aguilar's build quality that you didn't completely mince it underneath your car!

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1150181' date='Mar 5 2011, 12:56 AM']i know i was in shock.. very lucky. i think its time to A, get a brain, B find some sort of hard case/bag for it... any ideas...Dont Aggy do a single rack case of sorts?[/quote]

Just buy a cheapish rackcase and rack ears for it BB, check out the flightcase warehouse. Brands are overrated in the flightcase field IMO, you don't want to be paying over the odds for something that does exactly the same for half the price. You might even find one cheap second hand.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1150174' date='Mar 5 2011, 12:49 AM']Ok was setting off for a rehearsal tonight... in a major rush to get to Bristol..Heard a grinding noise as we pulled off ( i wasnt driving) so stopped to see what it was... t was my Aguilar head being pushed up the drive under the car..!! ARGH!!.. It was in its head bag...i think the bag took the brunt of the very rough tarmac.. as its been ripped apart.. there is a little scuffing on the amp itself, but nothing major and it still works...?????

i sh*t you not i nearly fainted when i realised... how could i have been so stupid!!! This amp is built like a tank though...im amazed it still works... and the bag did its job in a big way..[/quote]

Check the car. It's probably a write-off.

When I had my Aguilar AG500 SC I put it in an SKB X-Series rack case as they did a really shallow one that the amp fitted in perfectly so it was still really light and portable. Link below

[url="http://www.skbcases.com/industrial/products/prod-detail.php?id=122"]SKB[/url]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1150307' date='Mar 5 2011, 09:23 AM']When I had my Aguilar AG500 SC I put it in an SKB X-Series rack case as they did a really shallow one that the amp fitted in perfectly so it was still really light and portable. Link below

[url="http://www.skbcases.com/industrial/products/prod-detail.php?id=122"]SKB[/url][/quote]That looks like just what im after...thanks Mark..

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1150307' date='Mar 5 2011, 09:23 AM']....When I had my Aguilar AG500 SC I put it in an SKB X-Series rack case as they did a really shallow one that the amp fitted in perfectly so it was still really light and portable....[/quote]
Always use SKB.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1150556' date='Mar 5 2011, 01:43 PM']Always use SKB.[/quote]
I have the SKB on the right in my avatar for the head that's also in the pic. SKB are excellent! Thomann do the full range at great prices ........... or you can support your local dealer folks!