Why become a member? ×

Greetings from new member - Estonia

OzMike

A hearty hello to you all!

I'm actually half Australian / half- Estonian - so I carry the psychological burden of being a convict's son AND of being repressed under the Soviet Union. :) :) I find playing bass to be an effective way of dealing with these issues, and have been doing so for ... err ... too long now. A couple of decades. Here in Tallinn I'm playing blues / rock / soul tunes with a couple of younger guys, hope to be out gigging 'soon'. I'm definitely a bit of a hacker at this, but my theory is that practice can largely make up for deficiencies in natural ability.

Instrument-wise I'm a traditionalist, I guess- I prefer Fender basses, and have a couple of Japanese ones ('75 J-reissue, '62 P-reissue), a beater Mexican jazz and a '94 MM Sterling for slap (at which I am not so atrocious). Amplification wise it's small / light as I have no car ... GB Shuttle + Aggie GS112 and Epi 112.

Have been reading the forums now and feel more at home with UK humour than the 'vibe' at TB so decided to join up. Thanks for having me, and would be happy (although it's a long shot) to catch up with fellow bassists in Tallinn for a beer.

Cheers

Mike

PS Some tunes from previous projects are up here, if you care to listen
[url="http://www.myspace.com/mikeboth"]http://www.myspace.com/mikeboth[/url]

[quote name='gub' post='1140216' date='Feb 24 2011, 08:11 PM']Hiya mike and welcome to the forum ,we are not a bad lot really and humour plays a big part in most threads ,i have to admit to spitting my bear out on more than one occasion! :lol:[/quote]

I need to chew bears to fit in here? :) :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

• 3 weeks later...