Why become a member? ×

Quoth'd

Morning all,

My name is Simon (friends call me Si). Live in Nottingham and I've played bass off and on for almost 19 years.

I've played in a couple of bands over the years - not in one at the moment but have just started looking again.

Had some big rig changes last year as I was using a Hartke 3500 head with Ashdown 115 & 410 cabs but it was causing too much agro moving everything between gigs & practices & rehearsing at home. So I blew up the amp and flebayed the cabs (well blowing up the amp wasn't part of the plan & still need to get it fixed) and bought myself a nice Gallien Krueger Backline 210 combo which meets my main needs for now of 1. being small & a lot less hastle to lug around for practising etc and 2. is still loud enough to cover most gigs when needed.

I play acoustic, fretless, 4 & 5 string - mostly rock but love blues, funk & am still trying to learn slap. Now have a Line6 Bass Floor Pod to go with my (mostly) custom built pedals (I like tinkering with them almost as much as using them)

Main Influences are:- Chris Wolstenholme, John Deacon, Tim Commerford and Donald "Duck" Dunn and everyone and anyone else who inspires me.

That's enough of me waffling on.

Hi all :)

[quote name='51m0n' post='1135142' date='Feb 21 2011, 09:39 AM']Welcome, be prepared for major GAS and attendant credit card bills over the course of the next year as you discover more and more goodies you 'have to' have :)[/quote]

Yep ! +1 on that.

Welcome

Dave :)

• 3 weeks later...