Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop Custom Order 59 P Bass FS or Trade with Pre CBS P or J

wesfinn

This is more of a feeler to see if anyone out there has what I'm looking for. I had this bass custom ordered from the Custom Shop in 2009. This bass caused a bit of a hoo-ha amongst fender as I specified exactly how i wanted the relicing done with pictures etc and it ended up being mostly done by a Master builder (even though the bass is stated as a team built). After this bass was finished you can no longer specify exact relicing without paying for a Master Built version. Cost me an arm and a leg even still!

Ok the specs

59 C shape QS maple neck with dark slab rosewood board 7.25" radius. heavy relic neck finish
Body is finished in this order White primer- gold base coat - Candy red -Olympic white all nitro.
matching headstock. Hardcase with all the candy + original strings which i took off to put flats on.

The bass plays absolutely incredibly and sounds exactly as a p should. its strung with Flats. Flippyfloop and Headofire have both played this too and absolutely love it.

Im looking to trade for a decent Pre-CBS P bass or maybe a Jazz, if anyone has anything PM me.

Sale price £2550. Firm. bass is available to try in brighton.

Edited by wesfinn

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1102646' date='Jan 25 2011, 07:54 PM']Hey Wes, did you have that hanging up in GAK for a while? I seem to recall being in its presence or am I dreaming?[/quote]

It may of been hanging up in there when I bring it in to mess about on. I think i remember showing to you actually.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' post='1141999' date='Feb 26 2011, 01:18 AM']Nice look and all that, but I for one would like a picture including the headstock.

I thought Custom Shop jobs were only available to USA, Canada & Japan.

How did you go about ordering yours?

Regards...[/quote]

You can order custom guitars through any custom shop dealer in the UK. build time is now about 8 months (tho longer for something like this as theres 2 paint jobs and a lot of relicing. Price of one of these will be well over £3k as it would have to be masterbuilt spec.

Yes Fenders do stink...usually of sweat, beer, and tobacco. I think it adds to the tone.