Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thread On Tb...

bubinga5

He has posted enough videos to allow people to make their own decision regarding his playing ability and demeanour. If someone sees the videos and thinks that Jaxsn's personality coupled with that level of playing ability will be an asset to his or her musical project, then good luck to them and good luck to Jaxsn.

In terms of behaviour, someone like Jaxsn isn't any different to, say, Gene Simmons. There will be plenty of people outraged that someone with such limited (perceived) ability can be so self publicising and confident/arrogant, but if it gets him paid gigs and other work, then the (perceived) lack of ability is the problem of the musical director/producer/artiste.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='1097325' date='Jan 21 2011, 12:00 PM']He has posted enough videos to allow people to make their own decision regarding his playing ability and demeanour. If someone sees the videos and thinks that Jaxsn's personality coupled with that level of playing ability will be an asset to his or her musical project, then good luck to them and good luck to Jaxsn.

[b]In terms of behaviour, someone like Jaxsn isn't any different to, say, Gene Simmons.[/b] [b]There will be plenty of people outraged that someone with such limited (perceived) ability can be so self publicising and confident/arrogant, but if it gets him paid gigs and other work, then the (perceived) lack of ability is the problem of the musical director/producer/artiste.[/b][/quote]

You can't be serious, can you?? You can't be. My god, you might be being serious! But you can't be, can you? You can't really be serious, can you?

EDIT: I've told Cetera about this and he will give you a right tongue lashing if you're not careful.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Johnston' post='1097482' date='Jan 21 2011, 01:35 PM']Oddly though even though he is arrogant and the epitome of self confidence on screen anyway. I don't think I have ever read or seen an interview where Gene has bragged about his Bass playing.

I did laugh at the 2nd series of Rock school though, where the kids said Suzi Quattro was a better bassist :) :)[/quote]

Yeah, Gene might have an ego (probably deserves it seeing as he's written loads of hit songs!) but i don't think he's under the impression that he's an innovative virtuoso - certainly he's never come across like that from what i've seen.

[quote name='silddx' post='1095338' date='Jan 19 2011, 04:29 PM']

HAHAHAHA! I hadn't seen the vids until ten minutes ago. This is my favourite so far.

Sheer madness, X Factor audition quality :)[/quote]

Just watched this & the guy has clearly got a slate off...

I'm no geddy lee but to post something on the internet that a small child with boxing gloves on could play is not that impressive.

I'm not having a go at the guy, its just my take on it.

Edited by Ghost Rider

[quote name='bassbloke' post='1098389' date='Jan 22 2011, 10:36 AM'][url="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jaxsn"]http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jaxsn[/url]

Track 3 - Can anybody show (bass solo)

currently on constant rotation .[/quote]
Track #5 wasn't all that bad was it?

Edited by BB3000S

The blub on the left says:

"JAXSN = INNOVATIVE BASS PLAYER.
When jaxsn plays the bass, you hear sound like no other bass player, because Jaxsn's focus is to be an innovator, not an imitator. Currently Jaxsn Use his bass skills to ward off demon spirits, carry an entire praise servic"

:) :) :lol:

Track #3 sounds like a badly eq'd bass having an argument with a £10 Casio keyboard, it's ace!

[quote name='dlloyd' post='1098881' date='Jan 22 2011, 05:28 PM']Okay, there appears to be some disparity between this guy's self perception and his actual ability. It's possible he's delusional, in which case I wonder if its fair to have a ten page thread of posts making fun of him?[/quote]

Sounds like some demon spirits you've got there, maybe i can ward them off with my huge divine sword?

He is definitely delusional on a number of levels, however the entire thread wasn't about poking fun at him, it was about whether it's ok to tell him he's not a very good bass player on an online forum or not

Have a read through the thread again, hardly any posts are poing fun at the guy. Maybe there's the odd chuckle at his unintentional comedy which stems from his arrogance/lack of ability.
He's put some funny videos out there, it's ok to have a giggle at them.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='1098881' date='Jan 22 2011, 05:28 PM']Okay, there appears to be some disparity between this guy's self perception and his actual ability. [b]It's possible he's delusional[/b], in which case I wonder if its fair to have a ten page thread of posts making fun of him?[/quote]
We all are mate, all of us. It's just a matter of degree.

[quote name='silddx' post='1098915' date='Jan 22 2011, 05:59 PM']We all are mate, all of us. It's just a matter of degree.[/quote]

Oh, no doubt about that... we are all subject to the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect"]Dunning-Kruger effect[/url] to some extent, the more extreme examples usually having a psychiatric basis. I don't know if that's the case here, but if it was the case a thread like this isn't likely to be beneficial to him.

Self belief, he has it in bucketloads.

I remember when I was a kid starting out, I developed the same thing. I could play a few things on guitar, and my brother sent me out to buy a Marshall fuzz pedal from a local music shop. Armed with my few riffs I intended to blow the shop staff away, but luckily one of the staff, who was a great player, demoed it to me. I bought the pedal and was so glad I didn't try it myself.

He's crap. The internet is his music shop.

Bless him. :)