Why become a member? ×

Greetings from South Wales!

thatgrantboy

[quote name='thatgrantboy' post='1087296' date='Jan 12 2011, 09:54 PM']Thanks for all the welcoming messages! I've been busy in other parts of the forum so I'd forgotten about this, but its nice seeing a lot of people taking notice :)
I live about 20 minutes up the valley outside cardiff, and yeahh I'm in a band. I'm one of those converted-guitarist types who picked the bass up just to try it out, and since then I've only ever played bass in bands! Hahah.

I venture mainly on stuff like rock, pop-punk (which my band is) etc.

my band for the record is called SayWhen! (as per my avatar!) and if its allowable, you'll find us over at [url="http://www.myspace.com/saywhenwales"]http://www.myspace.com/saywhenwales[/url] :)[/quote]

As you in that band im assuming you know carly? Shes awesome

[quote name='Basszilla' post='1096318' date='Jan 20 2011, 01:42 PM']Yeah I'm in Trallwn just down the road.

Small world!![/quote]

Very small! You're literally within a good stroll's distance from me :)

[quote name='BT!' post='1099280' date='Jan 23 2011, 02:37 AM']As you in that band im assuming you know carly? Shes awesome[/quote]

Indeed so...I went to school with her from infants, through primary and secondary school. She was a year below me, and her brother was in my year :)
She done our tee designs, as I'm sure you've guessed! She is indeed awesome. Very talented artist. :lol:

Edited by thatgrantboy

[quote name='thatgrantboy' post='1100477' date='Jan 24 2011, 09:55 AM']Indeed so...I went to school with her from infants, through primary and secondary school. She was a year below me, and her brother was in my year :)
She done our tee designs, as I'm sure you've guessed! She is indeed awesome. Very talented artist. :lol:[/quote]

Totally. She drew on my car window with her finger the other day and it was still amazing. :)

Well I never - an active group of Cardiff Bass players. Hey you lot - how about meeting up at the Tribute gig for the Old Git himself, The Globe, Albany Road, Cardiff, featuring The Soul Destroyers (staring Rich) and Wonderbrass (see Rich's post). Tickets £10 - in aid of the Samaritans and Yogamobility (a local Cardiff charity). Can be got from me, Mrs Old Git, Ros (not a bass player but living with several fine examples that Cal our son may get round to playing at some point) - [email protected].

See you there
Ros

[quote name='thatgrantboy' post='1086482' date='Jan 12 2011, 10:39 AM']Hello to the basschat forum! Been browsing for a fair bit, so finally decided to join up to share my views and whatnot, and take advantage of what seems like a thriving sales section!
Not to mention some of the chat in the manufacturers section has me GASing for some sparkly new gear that I can't afford :lol:

So Hi...I'm Grant :)

A breakdown of my gear list is in my sig, but I'll be upgrading my main rig soon![/quote]

Hello!

Would you be the same Grant near Cardiff that I sold a hard case to last year over on UG?

It had a misfits patch on, and was fitted for a jazz bass.

If not, then I apologise for being random all over your thread :)

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1119115' date='Feb 7 2011, 05:06 PM']Hello!

Would you be the same Grant near Cardiff that I sold a hard case to last year over on UG?

If not, then I apologise for being random all over your thread :)[/quote]

im up in the rhondda so not a million miles away either :-)

[quote name='Evil Undead' post='1119115' date='Feb 7 2011, 05:06 PM']Hello!

If not, then I apologise for being random all over your thread :)[/quote]

Indeed I was/am!

The case is sitting right over there> :)

Still havent taken the misfits patch off...distinguishes it a bit! :lol: