Why become a member? ×

Poorly Status Series 11 sale or trade maybe SOLD

dabootsy

Hi all
I am considering selling or trading my Status Series 11 that i have had since 1984
this is a beautiful bass BUT it was dropped by a member of my band in 1987
It play perfectly but has a fair amount of cosmetic damage which i have been quoted £350 to repair and as i own a few other basses now i am thinking of making some space
I am open to offers but please bare in mind that i may have a sudden panic about leaving it after 24 years but if the deal looks good then fine it will go
I have sorted a few pics to try and show the damage
let me know if you need any more info

Edited by dabootsy

[quote name='overwater#1' post='124115' date='Jan 20 2008, 08:47 PM']What sort of money roughly? Stunning bass...!!! :huh:
Pm me a rough guestimate figure if thats ok! :)
Cheers, matt[/quote]
to tell you the truth i havent got a clue
sorry if that isnt much help

[quote name='dabootsy' post='124328' date='Jan 21 2008, 07:28 AM']It was a dodgy strap that broke[/quote]
Well..that one can't be helped really.. feel sorry for the guy too, so embarrasing!!

Looks like quite a bit of interest, this might generate some rough figure.. I dont know what its worth!!!

Most of the damage is cosmetic by the looks of the pics... The thick body lacquer doers go brittle on the edges afer a couple of decades, but it's easy to get repaired. It's actually the same stuff they use to bind the neck, so Rob would do that for a reasonable amount & have it looking new again. Same for the surface chip/crack - It looks like it's only gone through the lacquer so no damage to the wood as such. I'd value it around £500-650 in current condition. With the work done you'd be looking more like £850 to just under a grand. Nice 80's SIIs are highly sought after.

[quote name='dabootsy' post='126814' date='Jan 24 2008, 12:23 PM']bass sold pending payment
thanks for all your interest[/quote]

Please let me know if this bass didn't sell!!!

btw, you may have your dates mixed up... Maybe you meant 1986 as this bass had the smaller head piece in '84! The bigger one was introduced in '86. Do you have a S/N on the end? Would be good to know

Great early bass though.

:)