Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Bass is this.

Slipperydick

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1085565' date='Jan 11 2011, 02:56 PM']the only real good look you get is at 1:24 - 1:27 - hard to see any logos - 1980 seems a bit too early for it to be a modern Ibanez which it resembles. Got me stumped!![/quote]

The headstock doesn't look right for an Ibby either... and they were pretty much just doing Musicians, Blazers and Roadstars back then weren't they?

Reminds me of one or two of those lower-end basses like Tune or Bass Collection... again though, it might be a bit early for them. Who's the bass player?

Definitely not an Ibanez, or any other JapCrap from that era that I'm aware of.

Some quite interesting details - looks like a very narrow fingerboard, almost parallel. I'd also suggest it's probably not a bolt-neck because there's little "overhang" for a neck pocket. Tuners look like Schaller M4S of Grover Titans - both were quite common on basses from this era. Strange-looking bridge - it looks very short, suggesting through-body stringing, but it's hard to tell from such a brief glimpse.

Anyway, that's all apropos of nothing, dunno what it is but I suspect it's a custom job.

Jon.