Why become a member? ×

Gone: Fender Usa 62 Vintage Reissue Jazz Bass- Olympic White: Gone

Old Horse Murphy

For Sale is my 2007 Fender US Vintage 62 Reissue Jazz Bass. This is already on Ebay as I completely forgot to put it on Basschat!!

It weighs in at 4.2kg (or 5 Foot 9" for those of you still in imperial) and is a stunning example. It's just starting to "turn" colour in to a gorgeous yellowy white (don't you just love nitro :) !!)

I can't find a mark on it apart from a couple of discolourations right by the nut where the bass had been hung on a wall hanger by the previous owner.

It's strung with La Bella Deep Talkin flats and has just been fully serviced and set up by Trevor at Ripley Guitars for a rather painful amount of money!

I've just taken ownership of a Fender Sting Reissue and the project I was intending to use this for has folded before it started sadly :) It doesn't come with the original case or candy (apart from the lead and hang tags).

This truly is a gorgeous bass and if I could justify keeping it I would.

[b]I am looking for £900 for this beautiful bass and would rather a pick up or meet half way but I'm willing to post for cost. I am also happy to take money through Paypal if the buyer helps out with fees.[/b]

I would consider a P/ex for a new Series Fender US P Bass 4 or 5 string (preferably Sunburst and rosewood) plus cash my way or a trade for a Rickenbacker 4003.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lozbass' post='1085544' date='Jan 11 2011, 02:39 PM']Wow - lovely! I wouldn't be surprised if the marks would polish out easily (if anybody could be bothered). Good price too, especially with the SKB! Good luck - I'm really tempted but my collection needs to diminish rather than expand[/quote]

Which SKB is that? It doesn't have a case does it? :)

Lovely bass Nick!

[quote name='tom1946' post='1101819' date='Jan 25 2011, 10:20 AM']Which SKB is that? It doesn't have a case does it? :)

Lovely bass Nick![/quote]

Thanks Tom :)

I was going to include a Fender SKB case in the deal but as I've dropped the price considerably, I'm not so sure now.

That said, if it was a deal breaker......

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1085361' date='Jan 11 2011, 12:18 PM']For Sale is my 2007 Fender US Vintage 62 Reissue Jazz Bass. This is already on Ebay as I completely forgot to put it on Basschat!!

It weighs in at 4.2kg (or 5 Foot 9" for those of you still in imperial) and is a stunning example. It's just starting to "turn" colour in to a gorgeous yellowy white (don't you just love nitro :) !!)

I can't find a mark on it apart from a couple of discolourations right by the nut where the bass had been hung on a wall hanger by the previous owner.

It's strung with La Bella Deep Talkin flats and has just been fully serviced and set up by Trevor at Ripley Guitars for a rather painful amount of money!

I've just taken ownership of a Fender Sting Reissue and the project I was intending to use this for has folded before it started sadly :) It doesn't come with the original case or candy (apart from the lead and hang tags).

This truly is a gorgeous bass and if I could justify keeping it I would.

I am looking for £900 for this beautiful bass and would rather a pick up or meet half way but I'm willing to post for cost.

I would consider a P/ex for a new Series Fender US P Bass 4 or 5 string (preferably Sunburst and rosewood) plus cash my way or a trade for a Rickenbacker 4003.[/quote]

PM'd