Why become a member? ×

Manchester guitar tech, Adie

sshorepunk

Heard some sad news last night, a well known guitar tech from Manchester has passed away

Some of you Manchester people will know Adie well, he's been around a while, from A1 to sound control, then into Music Ground with Napper! I think he had been at Jonny Roadhouse recently?

Tony

MB1. :)
A sad loss,a great guy,i've known Adie for many years as a friend and guitar tech since the days of A1 Music in fact. Hes probably been responsible for the set up of most of the basses ive had!
A True Craftsman, You will be missed sir! Rest in Peace.
Martin.

• 2 years later...

I thought he had died a while ago although i was just speaking about him last week with Steve Robinson, another great manchester guitar tech. BAck in the day when Tony WIlson looked after my band, on the first gig of ours he came to we smashed most of equipment up, cos we were dead cool obviously. I split the headstock of my bass. Adie fixed it and it looked like it had never been broken. Definite sad news. Everytime i took a bass to him to fix he'd bollock me for the state it was in.

Must have missed this when it was posted originally, although I knew about it at the time. My dad was very good friends with Mr Edleston, they worked together at Barratts for years. He built a couple of lovely Jazz basses for my dad and helped me assemble my first Bitsa.

Ever the practical joker, I remember popping in to the shop one saturday when he had araldited a 50 pence piece to the pavement just outside the shop window. He and my dad were snickering behind the counter at the passers by trying to pick it up and nearly falling over themselves in the process. Fond memories.

A true gent who is missed by many!