Why become a member? ×

Highway 1 Precisions....Seem To Be in Short Supply!

spongebob

I'm looking at a P bass to possibly satisfy my inner JJ Burnel!

Been checking out a few, MIA, and then stumbled across the H1.

Thing is, they seem in fairly short supply, even on E- bay. Looked in here too, and not many come up. Shops don't really seem to have them either.

Are they just simply not a big seller? I've read quite a few strong arguments to simply plump for a used MIA, and get a case thrown in!

[quote name='spongebob' post='1067974' date='Dec 23 2010, 05:17 PM']I'm looking at a P bass to possibly satisfy my inner JJ Burnel!

Been checking out a few, MIA, and then stumbled across the H1.

Thing is, they seem in fairly short supply, even on E- bay. Looked in here too, and not many come up. Shops don't really seem to have them either.

Are they just simply not a big seller? I've read quite a few strong arguments to simply plump for a used MIA, and get a case thrown in![/quote]

They are like buses, there were a good handful on ebay 2-3mths back.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1068026' date='Dec 23 2010, 05:55 PM']They were everywhere about three years ago but do seem less common now. I assume Fender bring out new ranges & push those instead. Personally I'd always favour a used Standard MIA over the HWY1 but the owners do seem to like them. I could never get on with the finish personally[/quote]

Aside from the personal preference there's a big old difference in £££. :)

[quote name='gareth' post='1069520' date='Dec 26 2010, 11:31 AM']Is this one, if so seems like a good price:-

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Daphne-Blue-USA-Fender-70s-Re-Issue-P-Bass-/130468802252?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1e608beecc"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Daphne-Blue-USA-Fend...=item1e608beecc[/url][/quote]

i have no idea what that is. but i doubt it's ever been near a fender factory

I had one of the original HW-1 Jazz bases sand although hi fell out with Jazz basses about a year after getting it i recently got one of the newer HW-one Jazz basses and love it.
The HW1 and HW-One are different. The HW-one is the post 2006 model, with the BAII and graphite reinforced necks, plus the grease bucket tone circuit.

There is talk over on TB about the HW-one being discontinued but some people seem to think its more the fact that Fender make these in large batches and then wait for supplies to go down before making any more. No idea if thats true.

Whatever, these are (IMO) fantastic basses. I love the finish although they do relic very quickly IME.

Here are mine (posting because im bored )

My original HW1. I upgraded the bridge to a BAII.

My Much loved my sorely missed HW-one P (not convinced about the tort on this). I really do want to get another next year.

And my current HW-one.

Edited by dave_bass5