Why become a member? ×

BC'ers SX bass gallery

neilb

HOW EMBARASING!...........One Blonde, one Brunette..............................both in the same outfit :)

Seriously, two gorgeous 3TSB Ps. Seriously considering an SX and selling on the MIM P I've just acquired

Edited by clauster

[quote name='clauster' post='121685' date='Jan 16 2008, 07:15 PM']HOW EMBARASING!...........One Blonde, one Brunette..............................both in the same outfit :)

Seriously, two gorgeous 3TSB Ps. Seriously considering an SX and selling on the MIM P I've just acquired[/quote]

You wont need any encouraging from either myself, Paulh or Oldgit.

The bass itself costs £55.....yes....£55. Add a few fees and VAT and you get it for £120 ish. Then mod away til yer hearts content.

I would go as far as to say these are easily on par with MiMs, and for less than half the dosh. Go figure.......

If you do take the plunge, order sooner rather than later as the Ps at Rondo tend to go very quickly.

SX SJB-LTD2, rare beast, never seen another one around on the internet, let alone in person.
Flame maple neck and fingerboard, gold hardware, now fitted with DiMarzio Model J's.

£200 well spent id say, came with a custom SX case, amp and strap from ebay.

Edited by WarPig

[quote name='paul h' post='121733' date='Jan 16 2008, 08:36 PM']Here is a quick video of me playing along to one Peds loops from [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9605"]"The Groove Library"[/url].

SX Precision, totally stock (apart for the scratchplate) DI'd and with or EQ or nothing![/quote]

Nice one paul!
That's a pretty decent sound from a very cheap bass, great playing too, not so sure about the dancing though... :)
Reckon I'm going to have to get me one of those SX basses!

Cheers,
Eude

Cheers Eude!

I thought the dancing as the best bit! :)

I'm actually sitting on a gym ball, which I thoroughly recommend for anyone with a bad back, so much better than a chair. So the dancing is part feeling groovy, and part unintentionable wobbling!

I am really pleased with the sound of this bass, so much so that I am not going to mod it at all. It's got a very even tone a fair bit of growl with the old fingers and a good P slap sound.

Can't beat it for the price. I am having trouble resisting the urge to sell some of my other gear so I can get another one. Or two.

P.

Edited by paul h

I was too cheap to get a custom made pickguard, so I bought a whole load of sticky-back-plastic from a car pimping place and stuck it on. I tried orange first, but it ending up making my bass look too much like Jodie Marsh. I may try lime green next, metallic silver is wierd enough to allow you to pull off a whole load of colours.

[quote name='Alfie' post='122554' date='Jan 18 2008, 12:16 AM']I was too cheap to get a custom made pickguard, so I bought a whole load of sticky-back-plastic from a car pimping place and stuck it on. I tried orange first, but it ending up making my bass look too much like Jodie Marsh. I may try lime green next, metallic silver is wierd enough to allow you to pull off a whole load of colours.[/quote]

I was going to ask if that pickguard came with the bass as I really liked the colour! I might try the sticky back plastic technique in the future, reminds me of Blue Peter.

[quote name='matt_citizenbass' post='124374' date='Jan 21 2008, 09:55 AM']where do you get hold of these?

i need one.[/quote]

rondomusic i think

im after this one:

[url="http://www.rondomusic.com/sjb62mgfllpb.html"]http://www.rondomusic.com/sjb62mgfllpb.html[/url]