Why become a member? ×

*edit*

dlloyd

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='11559' date='Jun 3 2007, 09:16 PM']An attractive Bongo, at last! :) I wonder if the pickup settings have uneven output levels like the other HS basses made by Musicman?[/quote]

nothing wrong with my HS Bongo 4, I can assure you.

[quote name='dood' post='11578' date='Jun 3 2007, 10:09 PM']I'm slightly put off my what *looks* like areally wide string spacing. Mebbe it's just that hooj bridge that makes it look that way?[/quote]

Possibly, though I think camera perspective and how they took the photo might be making it look wider than it is.

Never been much of a bongo fan but that one does look sweet!

Ash

That actually is quite nice.

Given my previous dislike of the Bongo shape because it was the same shape and size as other popular oval household objects, if the 6 is wide enough to actually be circular then it will be more pleasing to the eye.

The body certainly looks really small beacuse the knobs, bridge and string spacings all look huge!

[quote name='Machines' post='11663' date='Jun 4 2007, 07:54 AM']A natural finish on the Bongo does help a bit in masking it's shape, I like.[/quote]

IMHO that particular natural finish spoils the lines - now if it had some kind of burl top on it, I'd be selling my kids to get my hands on it!

[quote name='Machines' post='11663' date='Jun 4 2007, 07:54 AM']A natural finish on the Bongo does help a bit in masking it's shape, I like.[/quote]

Got to say i agree but you know that is the pic of a prototype which they probably chose the wood very carfuly, and maybe even made a few till they got one with such lovly grain that works with the shape. Im sure the production version will be quite hard to find with such a good looking grain patern.

[quote name='Sugden' post='12134' date='Jun 4 2007, 10:45 PM']Got to say i agree but you know that is the pic of a prototype which they probably chose the wood very carfuly, and maybe even made a few till they got one with such lovly grain that works with the shape. Im sure the production version will be quite hard to find with such a good looking grain patern.[/quote]

the production versions will be painted