Why become a member? ×

New markbass head! The courtesy head

JMT3781

So markbass have sent us this...

It's a markbass little mark 3 that we can lend out to people to convince them to buy a markbass head, or help someone out whoes amp has broken down... And it looks like an ambulance! Check it out!

Will post a pic a bit later

pic now added!

Edited by JMT3781

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1049119' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:27 AM']How cool is that?!

Tbh, the LM3 is probably the best value 'all round' amp on the market still.[/quote]

All round?

It's is very versatile and while clean you can coax some vintage tone out of it with the filters.

Pretty good idea though, like Barefaced's "on tour" thing, surprised most dealers/manufacturers don't do this as for some people it's nearly impossible to try gear without traveling sometimes hundreds of miles.

My "local" stores only have 1 or 2 brands in for bass amps, one place only has Ashdown gear and the other place only has markbass and there it's on the steep side.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1049128' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:35 AM']All round?[/quote]

I think I meant best value/low weight/tone ratio...eg you cant beat the LM2/3 for a nice warm, clean and easy to use amp, esp for the price :)

I just wish Markbass has the customer service levels of Genz Benz.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1049132' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:42 AM']I think I meant best value/low weight/tone ratio...eg you cant beat the LM2/3 for a nice warm, clean and easy to use amp, esp for the price :)

I just wish Markbass has the customer service levels of Genz Benz.[/quote]

Well this scheme must be a step in the right direction...

bump for added pic so you can check out the medical vibe..

i had a chat with fellow mark bass stockist mr. bass direct earlier, and he confirmed that the amp is for when a customer comes in with a broken amp, we can lend them the courtesy head to get them out of trouble, whilst also trying to convince them markbass is whats best for them...

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1050015' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:09 PM']bump for added pic so you can check out the medical vibe..

i had a chat with fellow mark bass stockist mr. bass direct earlier, and he confirmed that the amp is for when a customer comes in with a broken amp, we can lend them the courtesy head to get them out of trouble, whilst also trying to convince them markbass is whats best for them...[/quote]

Hmm. Good idea - but could work against them perception wise. Surely you want to make your buying public believe that their Mark Bass heads are reliable...? Does this give the right message?

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='1050019' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:12 PM']Hmm. Good idea - but could work against them perception wise. Surely you want to make your buying public believe that their Mark Bass heads are reliable...? Does this give the right message?[/quote]

I think it's an emergency amp for lending out to anyone who walks in with a broken bass amp - not just MarkBass stuff.

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' post='1049433' date='Dec 6 2010, 03:39 PM']Well that'd be nice idea, my local however is 200 miles away in a different country. Do you post? haha[/quote]

Belfast Music Supplies and Bairds in York Street sell Markbass if you happen to be thinking of buying something?

Frank.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='1050019' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:12 PM']Hmm. Good idea - but could work against them perception wise. Surely you want to make your buying public believe that their Mark Bass heads are reliable...? Does this give the right message?[/quote]

its not just for markbass customers, anyone with a broken down head can try it... or so i'm told.. i think its a bit naughty, trying to snare customers when they are at their most angry with their current rig

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1050037' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:21 PM']I think its a bit naughty, trying to snare customers when they are at their most angry with their current rig[/quote]

Strikes me as extremely good business sense? So you own a Mesa, Genz, TC or whatever, and it blows. You go back to the shop and they tell you it'll be two to four weeks before they can get in a replacement. However, in the meantime, here's Markbass to the rescue. It's advertising for sure, and it'll be costing MB a lot of money to do, but unlike most advertising, it'll be helping out a few bassists (and retailers), and on that basis they should be applauded for taking the initiative.

C

Initially it will cost Markbass a fair bit to do but in the long term they only need to sell as many of these as they have out on loan to break even and everything else is profit, plus while you have one of these out on loan, you're telling all your friends about the great service you've received which in theory will make more people want to try Markbass and will also make more people want to shop at the store that loaned the equipment - everybody wins.

its ideal for people like me who have either not had the chance to gig a Markbass head or who have tried it years ago and didn't like it as was what happened to me. If my amp were to break down and I had a local shop that were Markbass dealers who gave me one of these out on loan then that would give the brand exposure that they would never have received had my amp not broken down.

Even if I didn't like it I would still be telling friends and band mates, not to mention posting on here about the fantastic service I received and could even review it listing what I liked and didn't like which may be what others may be waiting to hear before going for one.

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Beedster' post='1050074' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:51 PM']Strikes me as extremely good business sense? So you own a Mesa, Genz, TC or whatever, and it blows. You go back to the shop and they tell you it'll be two to four weeks before they can get in a replacement. However, in the meantime, here's Markbass to the rescue. It's advertising for sure, and it'll be costing MB a lot of money to do, but unlike most advertising, it'll be helping out a few bassists (and retailers), and on that basis they should be applauded for taking the initiative.

C[/quote]

Its a fantastic business idea, +1

PS - I really like that front plate!