Why become a member? ×

Something Old & Something New - Your Recordings.

xilddx

This is one of my earliest recordings on my voyage of composing/writing solo material and doing my own productions and mixing, dating back to 2006 (previously I had just taken care of coming up with and playing both/either the lead guitar and/or  the bass parts, as well giving my opinions/suggestions, to songs that predominantly was created by other people involved in the original bands/musical projects that I had been part of up till then, and not really haven been involved in the recording process of the demos and releases we did, other than playing my parts, and eventual giving my opinions/suggestions to the mix, but without having any hand whatsoever in the technical aspect of it) :

And this is one of my more recent compositions, recordings and productions, belonging to my "Fjernsind" project that previously shared my own name, "Jacob Læby" (for a bit less experimental example see the video in my signature) :

Though the piano and flute (flute sample played on a synth) on the first track was played and recorded by a friend of mine who goes by the name Per Cnöeldh, and one of the backing vocals, the bass (not the baritone, that was played by me), and the synth (the kind of droning sort of deep buzzing one, as well as the quite subtle melodic sort of organ/deep flute like one, but not the weird swirling effects, those were created by me) of the second track was played and recorded by another friend of mine who wish to stay anonymous. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ahpook said:

I really enjoyed both of those.

The second one is something else.....a really involving piece of music. I was quite away with the faeries toward the end :)

Thank you. :D

Really appreciate when people genuinely likes my music.

It's my brain children after all, and a lot of love went into by far most of the music I have created, so means something very special to me when someone else truly appreciate them.

I don't know if you got to read my edit before you posted, cause while they are mainly my creations I was helped by 2 friends, 1 respectively on each of those tracks, creating, playing and recording their own parts contributing to the creation of those 2 tracks that way. 

The first one is particular special to me, because as said, it was one of my first attempts at writing and recording music by myself, and honestly among my own personal top, probably 10, tracks that I am most proud of haven written/composed overall. 

And you are right, there is also something quite magical over the other track, something very unique, and it is in fact also the only of it's kind I have ever created, even if of course more or less all of my other tracks share some similarities that comes from me haven channeled some of my own soul into them, but no other tracks in quite the same sort of particular unique style. 

A couple that maybe could be some of it's distant, not quite as wholesome, relatives (a couple of tracks by the psychedelic electronic music duo I was part of called Electro Jar to be more specific, in particular the track "Somewhere Over the Ocean (a song dictated in a dream)", and to a somewhat lesser degree the track "Lost") , but otherwise pretty much a one of a kind Jacob Læby (as in my name, and as in my identity as a song writer/composer, not as in the name, previously shared with me, of the project that track belongs to) track.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

Just now, Baloney Balderdash said:

I don't know if you got to read my edit before I posted, cause while they are mainly my creations I was helped by 2 friends, 1 respectively on each of those tracks, creating, playing and recording their own parts contributing to the creation of those 2 tracks that way. 

I did yes, I work with a couple of friends like that - just pass the tune over and add what you think fits.

It's a lot of fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Me and my late brother Scott on Sky Star Search (anyone remember that?) Many years ago.

He is still very sadly missed.

Far From A Jazz Band..(long story..)

We had all, very unwisely, been heavily influenced by various intoxicants the night before. Still enjoyed it though and met some great people.

(R.I.P. our kid....)

Edited by justgone1
  • Like 1

Oh damn this thread triggers me so much!!! Lovely idea.

This is from my first band, we played '90s punk and this is where it all started for me; this is from the album we recorded in 2013 after 3 years of playig together, righ before splitting (as it always happens)

Straight forward to 2020, this is the last release of my stoner/instrumental/desert trio Dune Rosse, right before the drummer moved and going on hiatus:

Fun fact: I used the same P bass in both bands, the only difference being 9 years of experience & wear and the latest one being in C standard.

Edited by SonnyBassPlayer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Basschat, and this particular sub-forum. 

It's been forever since I've logged in here, honestly I forgot my password but today just chanced my arm at a long-unused one and hey presto the door opened!

In 2012 I released my debut EP 'Can't Sleep in Silence'... so it's been a damn long time coming, but I am thrilled to share my brand new album 'NL1' here!

You can check it out at:

Spotify

Apple Music

Amazon

(It's also available at every other digital platform you can think of, I just thought I'd include the most common ones).

As scary as it is posting it here, I'm really looking forward to hear what you think of it.

It's practically 100% self-made; the only thing I didn't do myself was the mastering, which I left to the legend Christopher Bolte.

If you fancied a taster before diving into the whole album, here's the video I made for the opening track, 'Rise & Shine'. If you like cats you'll at least enjoy the video.

Thanks for your time, folks. Have a good one.

-Nicko

• 1 month later...

Here's something rockin' my old band recorded live in our living room back in 1991ish. Was recorded using 4 mics on kit, di from keys and bass, and vocal mic/ guitar mic, all going to a borrowed 24 track desk in the bedroom next door. All was recorded directly to DAT with no fx. I've tinkered with some eqs, compression etc to make a better mix!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope it won't bother since I posted here already, a year has passed and I got something new I can call my own New!

Starting from the roots, this was my 2011-2013 punk band

After this band's split, I had a stoner era in which I played in a power trio I truly loved.. This is 2017-2020

After the stoner band split in 2020, I started playing in a shoegaze project that has become my most personally and musically rewarding band, Kodaclips: this is our first release from this year.

Cheers -

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Everyone, I thought you might be interested in hearing the single from our first album, Trail of Tears which is called She Writes Poetry. I've attached the marketing "blurb" as well just to give you an idea of what the song is about.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6BskSYHxV0Rw00KfkIvcMe?si=2uF0i9DhTb2p-BHwbYxOGQ

She Writes Poetry

Run The Enemy, formed in 2023, are a genre defying new band from England, creating a sound which is a fusion of Americana and British Indie.

Their debut single, She Writes Poetry, examines the relationship between Ted Hughes (“he’s a singer, story teller, lion, wanderer”) and Sylvia Plath (“talons clench, her heart bursts open, she writes poetry”).

From the haunting, tender, chorus-soaked finger-picking introduction, the track builds and builds to an orchestral, fuzz guitar, percussion-driven denouement. The rising tension and sinister undertones of the song mirrors the melodramatic build-up of Sylvia Plath’s life and ultimate suicide, leaving nothing but “verse for the universe”.

The full album Trail of Tears will be released on 29th February

The bass is a GWB105. (Not the super expensive 1005!)