Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1974 Jazz

This guy's still at it! Every week he puts up an auction for this bass. It's been posted on here so many times I feel I actually own it. He bought a refinished/repaired bass from a well know dealer in the US and is having no success in sorting out some compensation, resorts to relisting it on ebay instead.

[quote name='Muppet' post='117422' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:10 PM']This guy's still at it! Every week he puts up an auction for this bass. It's been posted on here so many times I feel I actually own it. He bought a refinished/repaired bass from a well know dealer in the US and is having no success in sorting out some compensation, resorts to relisting it on ebay instead.[/quote]

+1.

yep, bored of this guy now.

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='117385' date='Jan 9 2008, 08:27 PM']Not sure if this is real or not, but entertaining questions & answers!![/quote]

Yeah I do get the feeling he's not entirely serious :)

This is turning into a long running saga, but he's getting his point over if nothing else.

[quote name='PaulMartin' post='117437' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:30 PM']Yeah I do get the feeling he's not entirely serious :huh:

This is turning into a long running saga, but he's getting his point over if nothing else.[/quote]

Not that I think many of is would pay the original sellers prices BUT due to this guy I don't think you'll find many people touching the '66 Jazz that '2-gnome-attic' has for sale at present... this guy has probably justified his repeated listing :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='118735' date='Jan 11 2008, 05:33 PM']Not that I think many of is would pay the original sellers prices BUT due to this guy I don't think you'll find many people touching the '66 Jazz that '2-gnome-attic' has for sale at present... this guy has probably justified his repeated listing :)[/quote]

Sorry to go off topic warwickhunt. but i did'nt know Mike Read played bass?, That is him in your avatar is'nt it? :huh:

[attachment=4786:mike_rea...n_blazer.jpg]

Edited by beerdragon

[quote name='beerdragon' post='118793' date='Jan 11 2008, 07:11 PM']Sorry to go off topic warwickhunt. but i did'nt know Mike Read played bass?, That is him in your avatar is'nt it? ;)

[attachment=4786:mike_rea...n_blazer.jpg][/quote]

:huh: You have no idea how long it is since someone cracked that one... 7hrs 14min I believe!

A true story - A couple of gigs ago I was asked to pose with a bunch of blokes so that they could trick their wives into thinking they had met someone famous. After the pic was taken I said "Do you want me to sign 'Mike Reid' on a beer mat?". They looked at each other quizzically then one of them said, "No, but can you forge 'Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall'?

I wasn't sure how to take that :)

[quote name='beerdragon' post='118812' date='Jan 11 2008, 07:54 PM']Yeah sorry about that. could'nt resist it. its better than looking like chris moyles! :)[/quote]

Hey I'm not knocking the observation ;)

It beats being called Cliff Richard's love-child :huh:

I'm still trying to decide which one would make me the most money in a look-alike role...

[quote name='Muppet' post='117422' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:10 PM']This guy's still at it! Every week he puts up an auction for this bass. It's been posted on here so many times I feel I actually own it. He bought a refinished/repaired bass from a well know dealer in the US and is having no success in sorting out some compensation, resorts to relisting it on ebay instead.[/quote]
I think it's fair to say that this bass comes with a very large chip on its shoulder!