Why become a member? ×

I'm in love!

Mickeyboro

Guest TheBigBeefChief

Yeah, thats it - make fun out of someone who can't spell! What's next? Sexism? Racism? Homophobia?

When will you guys draw the line? You may think its funny to pick on minorities, but I don't.

It's not my fault I was home schooled.

I like it when people are being themselves. Some women are crude too. Post a six-pack on a girly forum and look at them swarm.

I'm jealous; I wish I wasn't so inhibited.

We're not all mild-mannered bassists. Trying to restrict others is a horrible way to deal with it, in my opinion.

I've yet to see malice. Not from the accused anyway...

Guest TheBigBeefChief

Very true. I posted my pic on a girly forum and they were all over me like a cheap suit.

Serves me right for being such an adonis really.

[quote name='paul, the' post='117275' date='Jan 9 2008, 06:15 PM']I like it when people are being themselves. Some women are crude too. Post a six-pack on a girly forum and look at them swarm.[/quote]

I'm sure some women are. If they did it in as crude and derogatory a manner as some of the comments in this thread, I'd call them twats, just like I would the male variety.

It would appear I'm a member of the Bernard Manning fan club. I'll leave you lot to it.

[quote name='paul, the' post='117275' date='Jan 9 2008, 06:15 PM']I like it when people are being themselves. Some women are crude too. Post a six-pack on a girly forum and look at them swarm.

We're not all mild-mannered bassists. Trying to restrict others is a horrible way to deal with it, in my opinion.

I've yet to see malice. Not from the accused anyway...[/quote]
Seen no malice here either. Just some ill thought inappropriate posts from time to time. Also some very well thought informative ones from the same poster.
Also, I never mentioned restriction. Censorship should be BANNED :), ooh the irony!!

Anyway, I hear the bell. Playtimes over. :huh:

[quote name='paul, the' post='117275' date='Jan 9 2008, 06:15 PM']I like it when people are being themselves. Some women are crude too. Post a six-pack on a girly forum and look at them swarm.

I've yet to see malice. Not from the accused anyway...[/quote]

I like this idea that people can be or not be "themselves" if people aren't being themselves then who are they being???

and if someone is not being themselves and they start being me then can I still be me or do I have to be someone else???

and if so can I be JK and challenbge big beef to a beret wearing robot dance off :)

I hate to bring this back to talking about bass and I'll admit to not having read all of the previous 4 pages (I got the gist from the end of page one and the beginning of page 5!), but is Tal playing a fretted or fretless on the Myspace tracks? It almost has a bit of a fretless sound to it, but without so much of the Mwah thing going on.

[quote name='thumb4bob' post='117290' date='Jan 9 2008, 06:26 PM']I like this idea that people can be or not be "themselves" if people aren't being themselves then who are they being???[/quote]

a Utopian idea.

Sorry, I know 'be yourself' is a cliche.

I just like a bit of vibrancy and diversity. I don't like people being diluted by another's ideals.

[quote name='paul, the' post='117346' date='Jan 9 2008, 07:37 PM']a Utopian idea.

Sorry, I know 'be yourself' is a cliche.

I just like a bit of vibrancy and diversity. I don't like people being [i][b]diluted [/b][/i]by another's ideals.[/quote]

Speaking of that,,,,be right back....... :)

Well, I think that yes people should "be themselves", sure. Thats all great. There is no excuse for being disrespectful or thoughtless when it comes to posting on a public forum. We welcome all on here and as I have said already, it only takes a minority to spoil it for others by not thinking before they post.

Unfortunately for the moderating team, it makes us busy, when we'd rather be playing bass too.

The moderating team do discuss such topics together in order to make this forum a nice place. It's the best bass one around, I think.