Why become a member? ×

Markbass vs TC Electronics

Smash

Hey, not sure this has been asked before I couldn't see it, but what do you think would be better:

Markbass 102p with 102hf
Markbass 102p with 151 Traveller
TC Electronics RS210 with RS210
TC Electronics RS210 with RS112

They would be run using a Markbass LMK

Has anyone got any of these combinations? Would love to know what they sound like.

also the TC Electronics RS112 is only rated at 200 watts is this ok to run at volume with the RS210, I mean would it just give out?

Thankyou kindly

I use the Rh450 with a Rs212 which is really good, I add the 210 for some gigs now, but the 212 alone is great for what I do

I think you will find good and bad views on both the mark bass and the TC stuff, having also own a mark bass head (not cabs) and judging by the range of players who use both makes, I don't think either can be judged as awful

But clearly, there is no one who can say the you would love or hate either, as this stuff does seem to be very personal (unless your talking ashdown mag :) )

I always find these discussions interesting, but without some folks trying to describe and qualify 'tone' it just becomes a bit of a personal taste recommendations thread, which doesn't really tell anyone what the key differences are between the cabs.

Does anyone wish to step out and explain how TC is [u]different [/u]to MB rather than just saying it's better or worse - more mids, less low end, 'boxy' or open ......???

Anyone?

The TC cabs have a 'sweet' high end. Nothing harsh or ganky...I hate piercing highs so the TC cabs work well for me. Tight but full lows, punchy mids, lovely sweet high end.

I fiddled with my rs212 HF this evening, and even with the HF control at full whack, it wasn't that horrible cheap ganky high end sound.

The Markbass cabs are very well made, light, great spec, and quite middy in nature.

Edited by Musicman20

I use an RS112 with an RS210.
It copes well with the not very quiet 500W Terror Bass.
The 1x12 acts like a sub. I love these cabs. It's great on it's own for rehearsals too.
I rarely get past no. 3 on the dial as people generally like to hear the rest of the band too.

As to sound. To my ears I found the TC warmer and less hi-fi sounding than the MB ones. I like an old school sound so they were spot on for me. Maybe the MB ones would be better if you want to sound a bit more modern?

Edited by Low End Bee

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='1024595' date='Nov 15 2010, 01:33 PM']I use an RS112 with an RS210.
It copes well with the not very quiet 500W Terror Bass.
The 1x12 acts like a sub. I love these cabs.
I rarely get past no. 3 on the dial as people like to hear the rest of the band too.[/quote]
That's basically what I wanted to hear, I like the idea that the 12 fattens the sound out, expenditure before Christmas not good but an excuse for a birthday treat priceless.

TC might be 'flavour' of the month, I agree, but they are MILES ahead of Line 6. They are hugely respected for high end recording gear, and as per the reviews I read before I bought one, they are the first company to make a 'warm/tube' sounding digital amp.

Totally exceeded my expectations...totally...hence I bought the gear :)

Markbass is great, btw, VERY nice gear and well made. Not 100% sold on the cabs as yet.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='pietruszka' post='1023269' date='Nov 14 2010, 11:32 AM']Personal taste.

Try as many as you can. Ive tried MB and TC, didnt like the TC at all, the Mb cabs are excellent, and again definitely not arse.

Its going to be what works for your playing, and for me the MB cabs work best.

Dan[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1024637' date='Nov 15 2010, 01:56 PM']TC might be 'flavour' of the month, I agree, but they are MILES ahead of Line 6. They are hugely respected for high end recording gear, and as per the reviews I read before I bought one, they are the first company to make a 'warm/tube' sounding digital amp.

Totally exceeded my expectations...totally...hence I bought the gear :)

Markbass is great, btw, VERY nice gear and well made. Not 100% sold on the cabs as yet.[/quote]

A very large +1, I'm also a huge fan of Line6 by the way however they are leagues apart (as demonstrated in the prices!)

It's essential to try kit out and judge by your ears. Untried the tc rh450 and felt it was real nothing special. I use the MK500 and felt the tc does not have the magic aura sound wise that the mk500 delivers. To mis/'re-quote' mark: my ears did not find hectic sound 'so alive/dynamic'. Btw I love tc effects kit - I've used a g system with bass for around 3 years! It is phenomenal. It's worth noting that markbass do a very wide selection of amps and cabs. I was blown away by the combination of a mb tube 800 with two NY604 cabs - incredible! Better than average sounding mb 410 / 210 cabs etc...