Why become a member? ×

HOW HOT DOES YOUR CLASS D AMP GET ?

makatak

When I pack away my Ashdown Little Giant after a rehearsal/practice , i rekon I could fry an egg on the bottom of it , the top and sides are relatively cool , ive put stick-on feet to lift the chassis for more ventilation but still hot , is this common with the likes of markbass and Genz Benz as well ? , Ive never noticed the fan coming on and I dont drive it hard either .

[quote name='makatak' post='1022138' date='Nov 13 2010, 06:22 AM']When I pack away my Ashdown Little Giant after a rehearsal/practice , i rekon I could fry an egg on the bottom of it , the top and sides are relatively cool , ive put stick-on feet to lift the chassis for more ventilation but still hot , is this common with the likes of markbass and Genz Benz as well ? , Ive never noticed the fan coming on and I dont drive it hard either .[/quote]

I have a little giant lg1000 driving it hard it only gets warm, never egg frying hot, is the fan coming on when you first fire it up? it should do, maybe the thermostat on the fan isnt working on your unit

You could contact Ashdown and ask them... They're pretty responsive... Try Guy Morrel at [email protected]

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='makatak' post='1022138' date='Nov 13 2010, 06:22 AM']When I pack away my Ashdown Little Giant after a rehearsal/practice , i rekon I could fry an egg on the bottom of it , the top and sides are relatively cool , ive put stick-on feet to lift the chassis for more ventilation but still hot , is this common with the likes of markbass and Genz Benz as well ? , Ive never noticed the fan coming on and I dont drive it hard either .[/quote]