Why become a member? ×

NBD: Fender Masterbuilt '59 P/J

Noisyjon

Hello All,
I just fell in Love with it as soon as I saw it on their website and after a mental wrestle with myself (buying blind, price, import duty, VAT, great piece, great price, etc!) and a few emails with the man here we are :)

What we have here is the base model of the '59 re-issue P bass in terms of specs with the additions of a Custom Shop Jaco jazz bass bridge pickup, a Badass 2 bridge and a Chrome pick guard with Vol, Vol, Tone controls, a side mount jack socket and 70's TV logo. It is finished in Black Pearl, New Old Stock.

I appreciate that this is a serious 'Marmite' bass but enjoy the pics! (more/better pics to follow in due course)
Also the shop's page for it is: [url="http://www.themusiczoo.com/Guitar-And-Bass-Hall-Of-Fame-Photo-Gallery.php#/6"]HERE[/url]

Cheers,
Jon.

*UPDATE*
I cleaned and re-strung it last night and wow did the fretboard clean up nicely. I used the Dunlop 2 part set and it has really brought the luster of that Madagascan Rosewood out!

Edited by jonthebass

[quote name='jonthebass' post='1009579' date='Nov 2 2010, 01:26 PM']Thanks Guys for the kind words.
Still a bit stunned I've landed a Masterbuilt!

Clarky - [b]On the name front I'm torn between Phil or Rosalie![/b][/quote]
Gotta be "Róisín Dubh" surely? :)

[quote name='jonthebass' post='1011416' date='Nov 3 2010, 09:59 PM']Now that I like and very fitting![/quote]

My (very very large) all black dog is offically called that,
but short name, Rosie ... :)

I was warned that Rosies are bad bad girls .... I suspect your
new beauty lives up to the reviews :)

Edited by aonindy

• 2 weeks later...