Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Lakland Bob Glaub & case (Mint Condition)

Old Horse Murphy

I'm selling a mint condition Lakland Bob Glaub with original Lakland case.

I've currently got 2 Fender Precisions which I play all the time and basically, the BG isn't getting as much of a look in as it deserves.

This bass is absolutely mint. It comes with both black and white pickguards and an original Lakland case (there is a dent in one corner of the case, but it is perfectly usable and comes with all the original candy).

It's the Lakland Skyline model and comes with a Lindy Fralin pickup. Construction quality is top drawer and the bass sounds amazing.

In my opinion, this colour scheme is the best combination and the satin maple neck is one of the nicest I've played.

The decision to sell this is a very difficult one, but the Fenders are keepers, so I'm afraid the BG is up for sale.

I'm looking for £650 plus delivery, but I'm willing to travel a fair distance to meet half-way.

Please PM me if you have any questions or would like any specific photos taken and thanks for looking.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Dammit Nick - why couldn't you have sold this before I bought the DJ5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - seriously thinking of letting this go for a 4 string version.

P.S - how does it compare with the MIA P you sold me - is it worth Gassing over?

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='martthebass' post='114138' date='Jan 5 2008, 04:34 PM']Dammit Nick - why couldn't you have sold this before I bought the DJ5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S - how does it compare with the MIA P you sold me - is it worth Gassing over?[/quote]

If only I'd known Mart!!

It compares very favourably with the P Bass you bought off me. A very different sound (more middy and louder to my ears) and the neck is to die for!! It doesn't feel as substantial as the Fender but is exceptionally well-made.

I think you'd love it!!

Sorry :)

Hey Nick,

...how come you have a conservatory exactly the same as mine?

:-)

Good luck with the sale... guys, this is a great bass - snap his arm off (you get to meet Holly the were-hound too!)

Shaun

[quote name='ShaunB' post='114244' date='Jan 5 2008, 06:37 PM']Hey Nick,

...how come you have a conservatory exactly the same as mine?

:-)

Good luck with the sale... guys, this is a great bass - snap his arm off (you get to meet Holly the were-hound too!)

Shaun[/quote]

Thanks to Shaun for one of the pictures....ahem :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='115259' date='Jan 7 2008, 09:54 AM']Thanks for all the offers of trades. I'm really looking to sell this, as I have too many basses as it is.[/quote]
Shame - I was going to offer you swapsies on my G&L L1500. And I'm only down the road from you. :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='122164' date='Jan 17 2008, 01:27 PM']Withdrawn- I think I'm going to hang on to this for a bit longer. Thanks for all the interest[/quote]
Dear Old Horse Murphy,

Do you still own this beauty? any plans to sell in the near future?

Nick.

[quote name='Old Nicko' post='136833' date='Feb 8 2008, 08:29 PM']Dear Old Horse Murphy,

Do you still own this beauty? any plans to sell in the near future?

Nick.[/quote]

Hi Nick

Unfortunately this is now in the capable hands of Beerdragon in North Wales.

He'd shown a lot of interest in the bass and just as I decided to withdraw it, he decided he wanted it!!