Why become a member? ×

Rock Lock

ben604

[quote name='ben604' post='1001357' date='Oct 26 2010, 04:55 PM'][url="http://www.therocklockcompany.com/"]http://www.therocklockcompany.com/[/url][/quote]
Looks like a good idea, though in a lot of those pictures the bass is "locked" to things you could easily steal too. Like there's one which is locked to an amp on wheels!

That won't last 5 seconds against a determined thief.

It may slow down someone who is only intereted in picking up a guitar thats entirely unattended, but I'd be as worried about damage to the neck from the device itself if some drunken tw*t picked it up to 'just have a go' while I toddled off to 'sign autographs'

I guess it's like when I used to use a Krooklok for the car. Not much to put off the determined pro tea-leaf, but perhaps effective in deterring chancers.
Bass-wise, what about wider 5- 6- 7-string necks etc? I imagine an alternate model will depend on demand. :)

Great for stopping the opportunist pick up artist at your local boozer. $49 + whatever shipping and taxes might apply make it a tad expensive, but less than having to buy a new bass I guess. Hmm,this has me thinking, could one make something similar with a bike lock? Thought required.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1001598' date='Oct 26 2010, 07:36 PM']You could do a Francis rossi and drill a hole through the body and lock it through there? And those who bought the Ibanez Steve Vai signature with the grab handle can too save $49 and just use a normal bike lock![/quote]
I take it we do not expect them to be of mass appeal then?? :)
Why not just entrust your instrument to one of your road crew....if he loses it he loses his livelihood....I shall be selling this idea (pat pend) for £19.99 and if you buy now with a credit card I will also include a free invisibiliser,will deter the theif ....but requires the user to have a good memory :lol:

I dropped them an email. Says the current one does not fit many bass necks, just the slim guitar neck profile, however they say it 'may' fit certain 4 stringers.

As for making others for other basses, eg. 5 or 6 strings... They say they would love to, but not until they have established a business with the guitar version, which could obviously take some time!