Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Status Groove Bass - 5 String

benebass

Hi - I bought this 5 string Status Groove bass a while ago through the forum (sale thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=96037"]here[/url]). I've had a couple of these (bought one on here, sold it, missed it, bought another one & bought a 4 string one too!) - the only reason it's up for grabs is that I'm really better suited to 4 strings & it's not really being played as much as it deserves.

For anyone who's not familiar with the Groove, I'd describe it as the Status take on a Stingray - the huge Trimax bridge pickup is pretty powerful & coupled with a bass/treble active EQ you can wind in a good range of usable tones.

I've not had to do anything with it since I bought it - it's currently strung with light roundwound strings & with a really comfortable low action. Condition is good - there are a few dings here & there, but no major problems (tried to catch the biggest one in the pics). It must be around 12 years old looking at the [url="http://statii.com/status_cats/catalogues/3/cat_1998status_page09.jpg"]1998 Status catalogue[/url].

Ideally I'd like to do a face to face deal as I don't have a spare case/box at the mo. It cost me just under £340 with a case & postage, so collected I'm looking for around [b]£275[/b].

Give me a shout if you want any more details/pics etc.

[attachment=62175:IMGP2201.JPG][attachment=62176:IMGP2202.JPG]
[attachment=62177:IMGP2203.JPG][attachment=62181:IMGP2206.JPG]

Cheers,

B.

P.S. My feedback thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70908"]here[/url].

Edited by benebass

[quote name='oldslapper' post='1000674' date='Oct 25 2010, 11:54 PM']Buy it, buy it now M.O.T.H. .....................I can't afford a divorce! :)

Seriously good bass for that money...flattest profile neck I've ever played, so easy.[/quote]

i just spoke with the mrs, if I want this it means I have to get rid of my jag or my bongo!!!!!!

It's all yours old slapper. If your mrs throws you out though, I have a spareroom that you and your status can come and stay:)

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1001676' date='Oct 26 2010, 08:29 PM']i just spoke with the mrs, if I want this it means I have to get rid of my jag or my bongo!!!!!!

It's all yours old slapper. If your mrs throws you out though, I have a spareroom that you and your status can come and stay:)[/quote]

:)

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='1001696' date='Oct 26 2010, 08:42 PM']Why did you get rid of your black one then?[/quote]

Twice J, twice I bought and sold the black'n both to buy P basses which I subsequently sold on!!

I'm counting to ten on this one, as I really don't have the money and don't need it either....but they just call to me, the little minx's

Might end up selling the PJ briefcase.

Had loads of interest in doing a postal deal on this, but I'm looking for a face to face transaction unless the buyer wants to fund a case to transport it in + shipping - don't really have a spare at the mo.

It's a seriously nice bass - it isn't the first Groove bass I've had (as oldslapper knows!) & this one sounds sweeter than the others - not sure if the natural ones are a different body wood or something? If I didn't have my eye on something else then I'd be keeping it to be honest!

Cheers,

B.

I am not in the market for this (I have managed to persuade myself) but if someone wants it couriered then if they already have a hard case lying around they could courier that to benebass using parcel2go for not much money and have it sent back in that rather than shelling out for a new case. Just a thought.

[quote name='owen' post='1002182' date='Oct 27 2010, 11:01 AM']I am not in the market for this (I have managed to persuade myself) but if someone wants it couriered then if they already have a hard case lying around they could courier that to benebass using parcel2go for not much money and have it sent back in that rather than shelling out for a new case. Just a thought.[/quote]
+1

Where there's a will, etc, etc...Good luck with ths sale!