Why become a member? ×

TO GO: The Wife!

CPBass

my blonde finished '83 found it's way into a ginger guitarists hands in Preston 6 months ago, so since then I've been GASing for a new instrument!

Recently found myself exclusively playing another '83, definitly not as hard work to play as previous '83, slightly smaller body and neck make it easier to get around on! Excellent hardware that will require no modding and having checked in the control cavity, i can reveal that everything is very neat, and also just as I like it....passive!

Si

I've got a stunning fireglo '85, she's taken a few knocks from previous keepers so I needed to gently restore her to her former glory. She's got a few mods, not as many as I've seen, but tastefully done nonetheless...her control cavity is immaculate, her inputs a good tight fit, all her knobs and buttons respond as they should. She's got an incredible tight bottom, gorjus mids and her top's impressively rounded :) she loves fingerstyle, but give the low end a tweek and she responds very well to a bit of slap. You can play her all night long without gettin tired, and I've never found the excessive neckdive a problem :huh:

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='267299' date='Aug 21 2008, 07:24 PM']I've got a stunning fireglo '85, she's taken a few knocks from previous keepers so I needed to gently restore her to her former glory. She's got a few mods, not as many as I've seen, but tastefully done nonetheless...her control cavity is immaculate, her inputs a good tight fit, all her knobs and buttons respond as they should. She's got an incredible tight bottom, gorjus mids and her top's impressively rounded :) she loves fingerstyle, but give the low end a tweek and she responds very well to a bit of slap. You can play her all night long without gettin tired, and I've never found the excessive neckdive a problem :huh:[/quote]

I think the neckdive comment makes you the current leader in imaginative descriptives haha

[quote name='noirpunk' post='267668' date='Aug 22 2008, 10:08 AM']Indeed. I'm yet to give me '91 a play yet :huh: I'm looking forward to plugging in, although it could be some time haha[/quote]

lol! I'm sure it'll rock your world! IMHO, as sweetly as she plays now, given a few years of bedding in ( :huh: ) she'll knock your socks off! :huh:

[quote name='coasterbass' post='267669' date='Aug 22 2008, 10:11 AM']Met this man in the pub last night, showing pictures of a 2002 in natural.

[attachment=12513:_4494920...r_pa226b.jpg]

Told him I wasn't interested though.[/quote]

Yeah, things need to be of a certain vintage before they can be appreciated in natural :) . I'm guessing it was one of the far east knock-offs anyhow. Defo not worth it!

It won't be long before he covers it in glitter....

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' date='Aug 22 2008, 10:28 AM' post='267679']
lol! I'm sure it'll rock your world! IMHO, as sweetly as she plays now, given a few years of bedding in ( :huh: ) she'll knock your socks off! :)

Definately, she's in beautiful shape and she can only get better with age. Great pedigree aswell, British with a bit of Spanish heritage. Needless to say that bottom end is something else. She's a bit longer scale (seeing as I'm not exactly a tall dude) than what I'm used to dealing with but I've been assured there's not a problem

Edited by noirpunk

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='267716' date='Aug 22 2008, 11:16 AM']Amen to that! :) I'm sure she'll be highly sort after, take good care of her and you'll have a valuable investment in your hands in no time at all![/quote]

Yes indeed. She's very much suited to my preferences. Infact she screamed out to me :huh:

[quote name='coasterbass' post='267790' date='Aug 22 2008, 12:42 PM']:huh:

And don't get me started on how chuffed I am to finally have a rack that requires a two-handed lift :)[/quote]

bahaha, dear this thread does make me laugh.

I'm very much looking forward to trying my '91 with my 12" horn driver

[quote name='noirpunk' post='267803' date='Aug 22 2008, 01:03 PM']bahaha, dear this thread does make me laugh.[/quote]

damn right! :huh:

I've noticed that the bottom end on my '85 always seems to tighten up when I power up my twin 15"ers :) :huh: and judging by coasterbass's posts I can understand why!

can I get an Amen to two-handed lifts! :huh:

[quote name='noirpunk' post='268194' date='Aug 22 2008, 10:36 PM']My beautiful '91 is now in reading.
I hope none of those more famous bassists play her :)[/quote]

Ahh, just up the road then! You'll be fine mate, a good instrument's head shouldn't ever turn, no matter how long you leave 'em in the corner (of a tent)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='277006' date='Sep 4 2008, 02:17 PM']Here's a pic of one guy playing with his while another guy reaches around and plays too. All the while, another guy looks on and fiddles.

[/quote]

Haha nearly spat tea over the keyboard.
I let the ol' '91 go. I didn't like how highly strung she was