Why become a member? ×

Jaydee Supernatural-Mark King-Series II

Leemo

Here we have a very fine example of craftsmanship, hand made by John Diggins on 12th November 1983. Serial No. 03261. Previous owner bought the bass in 1984, he states that he never gigged it, only used for studio & home use. I have owned it for 3&1/2 years, gigged it about 3 times. It has not seen the light of day for the past 3 years as it's been in it's case under the bed-what a waste!. I have always wanted one but just does'nt suit my style so it needs to find a good home, to be used, or to add to a collection. This wonderful guitar is in very good condition for a 27 year old guitar, has a couple of small dincs on the headstock, slight wear on the frets nearest the pickups, & has a hairline crack between the jack socket & the EQ pot, (apparently not uncommon on these).
This bass guitar has new strings, a hard case (not original), & a certificate of authenticity & logsheet signed by John Diggins himself. I would like £880 for it , which seems the going rate. I paid alot, lot more for it, but it needs to go.
Many thanks for your interest, Leemo

Edited by Leemo

Hi, thought you should know a Series I looks like this:

It has a slightly wider body and the bottom horn is slightly different. A Series II looks like this:

I think you have a Series II, although its a fairly early one.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='999478' date='Oct 24 2010, 10:33 PM']Hi, thought you should know a Series I looks like this:

It has a slightly wider body and the bottom horn is slightly different. A Series II looks like this:

I think you have a Series II, although its a fairly early one.[/quote]
Sorry it may well be a Series II, but it was described to me when i bought it as a Bass I

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dafonky' post='1064405' date='Dec 20 2010, 11:20 AM']they are heavy weight, that's the only negative thing about it. I have a very very old one....Series I
one of the first Jay Dees ever built.... :)[/quote]

If you ever decide that you don't want it, then please let me know :).

• 6 months later...